ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    What exactly will be considered bullying? Are we not allowed to discuss disagreements and our frustrations about said disagreements? Are we not allowed to express our dislike for people? Is it expected that we like everyone? Is that "bullying"?
    again .. its case by case ..

if you state that you dont like someone .. " gosh I dont like veve .. I disagree with so many of her opinions its not funny" ... thats fine - its fact .. we disagree ...

but if you write $%#$% that veve is such a W$R$# I cant stand her @#$#$% attitude and her $#@$#% power tripping #@$@#$ moderating. She is such a W$R%#$%ing $@#$@#.

I'll probably be more than just a little bit miffed.

I know that we dont all agree on bubhub - its going to happen ... people dont parent the same way .. its that simple (think breast vs bottle, circ vs non circ .. vax vs non vax, vb vs c-sect .. and thats just the tip of the ice berg), but its about CLASS .. and respecting each other as HUMANS ... PEOPLE on the other side of the screen.

I dont really understand why we need to be specific .. if you're being MEAN .. you're potentially being a bully .. and its NOT NICE.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Veve For This Useful Post:

1+1=5  (28-01-2012),MissMuppet  (28-01-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (29-01-2012)

Leeny is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    I HATE YOU JENNNNIFFFEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    What exactly will be considered bullying? Are we not allowed to discuss disagreements and our frustrations about said disagreements? Are we not allowed to express our dislike for people? Is it expected that we like everyone? Is that "bullying"?
    I can dislike someone without calling them a disgusting name, and I can disagree with someone without being horrifically vindictive and nasty. There's a difference between discussing a disagreement and berating someone because of their view, surely that's clear?

I think it would be a bit silly to assume that simply discussing someone or a disagreement is bullying.. Its when it turns into nasty vile behavior where people feel targeted and violated. That's bullying, and it's abhorrent.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeny For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (29-01-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    %#$% that veve is such a W$R$# I cant stand her @#$#$% attitude and her $#@$#% power tripping #@$@#$ moderating. She is such a W$R%#$%ing $@#$@#.
    So I can't say this about you?? Oh, that's outrageous!!

You'll have to excuse the iPhone auto correct. It sax!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (29-01-2012),Veve  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Surely people know the difference between a debate/argument/disagreement and when it becomes bullying behaviour. Before you post, read it over, then ask yourself if it would be acceptable for someone to say/write that to your child, or if you would want something done to stop the bullying behaviour.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (29-01-2012)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the new policy is fine, but trying to control what members say and do in other areas of the web is over reaching. That is up to the admin of other sites to police. To put it in legal terms, you can't be tried for a crime you committed in Victoria in a NSW court. Imposing bans on someone because of what they have done elsewhere feels a little "big brother" to me. Whilst I am all for zero tolerance on bullies, I am not sure of all of your approaches.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

Californication  (28-01-2012),Guest1234  (28-01-2012),HELPihavea2yrold!  (28-01-2012),insanity  (28-01-2012),Littlemissmetal  (29-01-2012),naebie  (28-01-2012),trishalishous  (29-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    I think the new policy is fine, but trying to control what members say and do in other areas of the web is over reaching. That is up to the admin of other sites to police. To put it in legal terms, you can't be tried for a crime you committed in Victoria in a NSW court. Imposing bans on someone because of what they have done elsewhere feels a little "big brother" to me. Whilst I am all for zero tolerance on bullies, I am not sure of all of your approaches.
    How would you like it if what you posted on here was used against you somewhere else and your name was trashed. Sh!t sticks, whether its true or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree.
    It's just all a bit too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have things such as fake accounts to frame people been considered, or the use of photoshop to edit things been considered? What proof would you have from a simple screen shot, or even link? Sure, visually it may appear that someone is bullying another, but how would you know 100% that it actually is that person saying what they are apparently saying?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Californication  (28-01-2012),HELPihavea2yrold!  (28-01-2012),Pinkzy  (29-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting to see the members who disagree, any why.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

1+1=5  (28-01-2012),Gothel  (28-01-2012),MissMuppet  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    No one is trying to control what anybody says. Bullies will say what they want to say, when they want to say it.

That is the beauty of a privately owned forum though. It is at the discretion of the forum owner who is a member here, and by default, to the discretion of the moderating team. We will not tollerate bullying here, so those that bully, will not be members here.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DQ For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (28-01-2012),share a book  (28-01-2012)