ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I for one would rather be naive than involved in it... or been on the receiving end. There are many many decent members on here, hopefully this change will go some way towards injecting some positivity into the atmosphere around here

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

chubby bunny  (28-01-2012),DQ  (28-01-2012),MamaC  (28-01-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (29-01-2012),MuminMind  (28-01-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (28-01-2012),thinkingaboutit  (28-01-2012),Witwicky  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    I for one would rather be naive than involved in it... or been on the receiving end. There are many many decent members on here, hopefully this change will go some way towards injecting some positivity into the atmosphere around here
    That's what we are aiming for and ultimately what we, as members, all want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah, totally agree!

Just to clarify, it's not that I don't believe it goes on (sadly), I'm just disappointed.

But I'm really glad that we have such proactive mods

biscotti is offline Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    There are many many decent members on here, hopefully this change will go some way towards injecting some positivity into the atmosphere around here

It's definitely the way forward

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have no problem with the rules, except for the fact that they're not clear.

When it's left up to a case-by-case basis, I think it allows for some members to be treated favourably if they're well-liked amongst the moderating team... or less favourably if they're not really well-liked at all. As much as I apprecaite the job the mods do, it would be delusional to consider them impartial... because, well, they're human and most are active members of the forum as well.

Otherwise, I do agree that bullying is going on, and is more common now than in the past (here at least), and that something does need to be done to prevent it. Having been the target for hatred and malice (not here) before, I know how disgusting and upset it can make you feel... and it's even worse when people suggest that it's "just online," so to forget about it, or it goes ignored by those in a position of some authority.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (28-01-2012),Pinkzy  (29-01-2012)

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I have no problem with the rules, except for the fact that they're not clear.

When it's left up to a case-by-case basis, I think it allows for some members to be treated favourably if they're well-liked amongst the moderating team... or less favourably if they're not really well-liked at all. As much as I apprecaite the job the mods do, it would be delusional to consider them impartial... because, well, they're human and most are active members of the forum as well.

Otherwise, I do agree that bullying is going on, and is more common now than in the past (here at least), and that something does need to be done to prevent it. Having been the target for hatred and malice (not here) before, I know how disgusting and upset it can make you feel... and it's even worse when people suggest that it's "just online," so to forget about it, or it goes ignored by those in a position of some authority.
    Sassy - I appreciate the concern, but some of the stuff that I have been shown in the last few weeks - seriously, if my best friend wrote it I would ban her butt myself - with absolutely no remorse... I dont care who you are - you write disgusting comments like I have seen - I will ban you myself. The fact that people have carried on with this stuff for so long, is upsetting to me.

I have NO intention of being even slightly bias in the use of this rule .. the information that is passed to us will be discussed (as is standard procedure) - we will have our own procedures for working out what is ok and what isn't - and we will work from there. I hope that no one thinks that being 'friends' with a mod - irl or on fb will help .. because it is simply not the case.

I guess the base fact of this rule is .. if you dont write it .. you wont be banned for it .. its really that simple.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Veve For This Useful Post:

1+1=5  (28-01-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (29-01-2012),MuminMind  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    Sassy - I appreciate the concern, but some of the stuff that I have been shown in the last few weeks - seriously, if my best friend wrote it I would ban her butt myself - with absolutely no remorse... I dont care who you are - you write disgusting comments like I have seen - I will ban you myself. The fact that people have carried on with this stuff for so long, is upsetting to me.

I have NO intention of being even slightly bias in the use of this rule .. the information that is passed to us will be discussed (as is standard procedure) - we will have our own procedures for working out what is ok and what isn't - and we will work from there. I hope that no one thinks that being 'friends' with a mod - irl or on fb will help .. because it is simply not the case.

I guess the base fact of this rule is .. if you dont write it .. you wont be banned for it .. its really that simple.
    must be hard being in your shoes. I guess if there was suspicion of bias, another mod or mods could look at the case and go from there...

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks mods It's great to see this positive change taking place

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What exactly will be considered bullying? Are we not allowed to discuss disagreements and our frustrations about said disagreements? Are we not allowed to express our dislike for people? Is it expected that we like everyone? Is that "bullying"?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Californication  (28-01-2012),ComeBackKid  (28-01-2012),Littlemissmetal  (29-01-2012),Pinkzy  (29-01-2012),trishalishous  (28-01-2012),zombiekitty  (28-01-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast