+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Of course! And what do you really think my or most people's response would be? That's right, say nothing and let it slide. But right here right now, the OP is stressed out so I sought to give her something amusing to read. Nothing more, nothing less!

Fact of the matter is, confrontation of any kind is, in and of itself, usually an act of gross stupidity. It gets you nowhere. But please, do attempt to see what is a joke in the spirit it was intended. There is a time to be completely serious and a time to cheer someone up!

Hence I ended the post with

You'll have to excuse the iPhone auto correct. It sax!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

naebie  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You're not doing anything wrong. My girls are really not ones for being quiet and i've received so many dirty looks and head shakes. At first i would get really upset - when they played up in the shops i would pick them up and walk out while people shook their heads and gave me stink eye (and then usually burst into tears once i reached the car). These days i just concentrate on my breathing and try to pretend those jerk-faces don't exist - it's hard to do but you become better at it the more you do it. You can't let ignorant people stop you leaving the house - they probably have no experience with kids or their kids have grown and they don't remember what's it like etc. I see kids being loud when out and about all the time - that's what kids do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by me+he=3 View Post
    I don't even notice these people anymore. Honestly? I have stopped looking at other people in public...unless you actually say my name, I'm not looking!!

Seriously, if this is the worst thing thats ever happened if their lives, they've done well!!
    This is exactly what I do! If I didn't see it, it didn't happen haha! It can be hard but every child has their bad days and it doesn't reflect your parenting at all, some people are just rude regardless!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to everyone for replying, but guess what it happened again today but my hubby was there this time, my girls were getting tired and was crying for me, muma, muma, I lady walked past both of us looked down at the girls and said oh my god! My hubby, was ****ed, I said said to him, well it's not like it's the 1st time!! 3rd time this week! : (

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 5 yr old is autistic and doesnt cope well in public places (sensory overload with the people, noises, lights etc). Alex is often in a special needs stroller on and looks about 3. The amount of looks and comments i recieve.... its just ridiculous and makes me feel sick to my stomach. Once and a while a nice person will give me a warm smile or a nice comment and tell me im doing well, dont worry about other people. But i tell ya,... if they knew!

Kids are kids anyways, autism or not, and no child is perfectly behaved in a hyped up environment like a store

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by joalisha View Post
    Thanks to everyone for replying, but guess what it happened again today but my hubby was there this time, my girls were getting tired and was crying for me, muma, muma, I lady walked past both of us looked down at the girls and said oh my god! My hubby, was ****ed, I said said to him, well it's not like it's the 1st time!! 3rd time this week! : (
    Sounds like you've had a horrible week
    It amazes me that when people see a mum clearly having an off day with her kids they shoot her judgmental looks and snigger rude comments instead of offering help or even just giving her a smile. How hard is it for people to be nice these days, seriously!
    I only have one DD and I struggle down the street with her most days, so I can't even imagine what it's like with more than one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by joalisha View Post
    I would ask the person if there was a problem and watch them run

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And this is all why I send the parents a sympathetic look.... I've had those days myself and it takes a lot to not throttle them while they're doing it..

Massive gigs OP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Some people are horrible. I've never had this happen even when DDs being a goose, thankfully!!!