+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Strangers not nice!

I've had I bad week, with my two girls, while doing my shopping last Saturday with my girls, they were screaming/ playing up like most kids do, and I get from a couple walking past a look of disgust, they both shaking there heads, give my evils eyes, I let it go, my mum seen them do it too! Oh and the one yesterday was when we were at the pet store looking at fish, my 18 months got excited and let out a squeal, he covered his ears and shook his head and walked away! The mood I was in it's lucky I didn't give him a peace of my mind! Question what i'am doing wrong! I should just never leave the house cause that's how I feel, I must add, my hubby hasn't been there during those times, I so wish he was!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Are you young or look really young? The feral looks and inappropriate come with the territory of being a young mum. I get it all the time.
    Try not to pay much attention to it all. It's really not worth getting upset over it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not real young I'm 26 but most ppl think I look younger!

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's a step by step guide to handle this situation:

Ok, first, I want you to relax. In your mind, I want you to focus on a calm thought or memory. Hold that thought. Are you feeling calm? At peace?

Good.

Now, holding that thought, approach the person who gave you the dirty look. Keeping the peaceful thought in you mind, smile winningly at them. And, whilst still keeping that same aura of calm about you, gently but firmly raise you right hand, make a fist, and then extend your middle finger. Hold that position for a few seconds. Then, still keeping that aura of calm about you, turn and go back to your children.

I hope this meditation helps you!

You'll have to excuse the iPhone auto correct. It sax!

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

Arusaamatus  (30-01-2012),Cazza1981  (28-01-2012),Gandalf  (29-01-2012),Gothel  (28-01-2012),me+he=3  (27-01-2012),MothersMilk  (27-01-2012),Mulva  (27-01-2012),OJandMe  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont mean this too sound nasty nor is it directed at anyone.

These people probly dont have kids of there own so very quick to judge your children's behaviour! and with your partner not being there they are quick to judge and say single mum with 2 screaming ferral kids!

I Get it all the time I go out i used to not want to go out because people stare make quick judgement and really should never judge because normally the people judging and saying my kids would never do that etc are really in for a big awaking.

But why care what these people think? Thats awesome your child get excieted about fish, my son would be trying to break the glass to get the fish or spitting or even throwing himself on the ground screaming

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Erin21 For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an old fart whinge & turn off his hearing aid at drs waiting room as I couldn't get DD2 to stop crying.
    I was so flustered as it was - they just make me feel worse!
    I would of had a go at him but what would of been the point?! Deaf ol fart!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post

Ok, first, I want you to relax. In your mind, I want you to focus on a calm thought or memory. Hold that thought. Are you feeling calm? At peace?

Good.

Now, holding that thought, approach the person who gave you the dirty look. Keeping the peaceful thought in you mind, smile winningly at them. And, whilst still keeping that same aura of calm about you, gently but firmly raise you right hand, make a fist, and then extend your middle finger. Hold that position for a few seconds. Then, still keeping that aura of calm about you, turn and go back to your children.

Omg GFP i can't stop laughing, that is gold

And just the right way to react to those nosey arrogant people

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a silly old biddy go up to my very tired 2 year old and tell her it was absolutely disgusting that she has a dummy ad she should grow and and get rid of it. There was something in there about having a bad mum.
    Dd was standing next to my mum( who was too taken aback to say anything) but I said my piece!!
    Made me feel much better afterwards too!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub-that's why it's full of bad grammar and spelling mistakes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't even notice these people anymore. Honestly? I have stopped looking at other people in public...unless you actually say my name, I'm not looking!!

Seriously, if this is the worst thing thats ever happened if their lives, they've done well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post

Good.

Oh no! I wish I hadn't read this thread. But I did and I also read your post in another thread GFP which made me think about my Dad

My dad suffered from brain tumours for several months before his untimely death - he loved my children, but if they squealed or made too much noise he said it literally rattled his brain and particularly as he got sicker and lost words etc, if there was certain pitches hit he would clasp his ears and cover them til his head stopped hurting or the noise stopped I've also sat next to my nan and my MIL who both wear hearing aids and the feedback from certain squeals/noises that you get in hearing aids can sometimes be like microphone feedback. I was thinking of your post GFP that said 'be kind - everyone is fighting a hard battle' .

The old farts and whining men, and the mums with kids too huh!