+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi peonies crinone and pressaries are the same thing just given a different way. Afm- I have no symptoms at all! Wondering whether this is a good or bad sign

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jesse so sad to hear it was a bfn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

There's been some discussion about crinone vs progesterone pessaries so I thought I'd add what I know. Unfortunately don't know much about crinone other than I was told by my clinic that they prefer to use the progesterone pessaries which is better. I've been taking 3 pessaries in the morning and 3 at night and I believe I need to continue this till about the 13th week of pregnancy. I am exactly 5 wks today yayyy!!! They don't seem to bother me at all but probably the severe bloating is caused by the progesterone levels in my body now. FS said its my body's reaction to the hormones. Lovely!! ... They are not cheap these pessaries, costing me $2.50 each so comes out to $15 per day. I don't think there's anywhere else to get them cheaper?? Also, my health fund said no rebate on those!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Maryz. I've been told to use one pessary in the morning and one at night. And the clinic gave them to me - they didn't cost me anything. (well, I guess they're part of the overall cost of the cycle) So how is Crinone administered then? That's my question.

AFM: Feeling a lot better today than last night. DH has been so wonderful & so brave. I thought he'd be in much more pain, considering what he had done to him. But he is actually fine. And emotionally, he seems fine. He had already resigned himself to his infertility and did not get his hopes up, so as not to be disappointed. But still, this is so final now, there are no more options. I had a little cry when his surgeon came to tell me before I went in for my EPU. But DH seems to have handled it much better ... I was the one who had to tell him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to all those still on the journey and for your support.
    As for us, our second IVF/ICSI cycle has failed in similar fashion to the first cycle so we are losing hope and are thinking about what and when do it again as it's harder to believe it will happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jesse sorry you confirmed bfn but great that you are going straight to a fet.

Just did a full HRT cycle which was also estrogen tabs once a day and crinone twice a day. Peonies, crinone is administered by a plastic tube that you insert and squeeze up there. You get a build up over time which is gross (poor DH has not come near me ). It's easy and only symptom I have had is tiredness, dreams and some bloating. It's not so bad. Some people react differently i.e clementine mentioned depressed. the only catch is with a medicated cycle you have to continue till 9 or 10 weeks so yes it's expensive. But we got a BFP from it so I'm not complaining .

As far as preg symptoms are concerned, I am 5wks 2days and only symptom is really sore boobs and tiredness, but that's also a side effects of crinone so don't panic Emmy and Mary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kenta, I hope you don't give up. This really is a numbers game. Make sure you talk through your concerns with FS. THere are lots of different options out there to try and each time you get one step closer to your BFP. I found it hard to accept we even needed help because we should, as females, be able to do this easily but unfortunately that's not the case - we are a very infertile race.

WARNING long post coming....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some have asked what I have done differently this time to get my BFP. I have seen others share this in the past and found it interesting.

We are all so different and I believe no one thing will make such a big difference unless it's a medical diagnosis of some sort which may be contributing to the lack of success. And then of course we must remember that we are playing with nature by embarking on the Ivf path - the normal ratio of miscarriages in natural conception is as high as 1 in 3 so you would think that when we intervene with nature that the ratio would increase. My FS is very scientific and she says all the time that it's a numbers game... It doesn't help when you get constant disappointments to know that, but when you can sit back with a clear head and think rationally it makes sense. I have only just started seeing that after 4 years of playing this game.

However, having said all of that, it can't hurt to do some little things that may assist in getting a sticky! You may know all about them so sorry if it's all what you have heard before. So here are my dozen tips!

1. Have all the tests you can! Major ones that i have had are:
    a. Ovarian reserve - this will give your fs an understanding on how quickly you need to ramp up your treatment
    b. vitamin D levels are very important
    c. Thyroid tests - REGULARLY!!!. I had one 18 months ago and it came back with some 'antibodies' but fs dismissed it. Another test 6 months later was all clear, a third test another 6 months later (last september) was all clear, then in January this year I had another test which showed I was highly toxic! So I went from perfectly ok, to severe in the space of 3 months. I was then diagnosed after many other tests with Graves disease (over active). I did not loose weight but had all other symptoms. This is our first cycle since being on medication and managing this issue.
    d. Laparoscopy

2. Acupuncture - I have found Japanese to be brilliant. It's more gentle than Chinese and I found it helped immensely emotionally. I felt like I was doing something positive to contribute and it was very relaxing. You need to be consistent and open minded

3. Vitamin supplements - don't over do it. Obviously folate - I find the Swiss preg/breast feeding formula the best as it has everything you need to conceive and then carry etc. . My naturopath got me on good quality fish oil 2000mg per day. Not to be taken if having an egg pick up though as can cause a bleed. Remember not to have extra vitamin a...Picked up a fresh juice in the supermarket tat I loved and after a week of drinking it found they put vitamin A as well as C in it so tipped it down the sink straight away.

4. Do not rapidly change your body temperature after transfer and first three months. No hot showers, no baths of any kind, no swimming, no spas, don't wear socks to bed or heavy blankets where you can over heat.

5. keep your feet warm (without over heating yourself - I know not easy). Your feet have important receptors in them and they should be warm to help circulation and blood flow.

6. No strenuous exercise - overheating, exertion or lifting anything over 7kg. Light walks only that don't get the heart rate up. Get DH to carry the groceries or move the furniture!

7. Intercourse after transfer (same day) and as many times as you comfortably can in the first week post (don't force it, enjoy it...go to the happy loving place as often as you can) Keep those endorphins going and get the natural hormones flowing.

8. The obvious ... No caffeine, don't even sneak one cup of caffeinated tea. Remember green tea has caffeine in it as well as chai. If you want the taste go for decaf but remember even that has a very small amount of caffeine in it so go without if you can. AND of course no alcohol... It's only 9 months out of a lifetime

9. Food - Lots of RAW vegetables and a balanced diet, only drink filtered water (avoid unfiltered tap if you can) and NO PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES - BPA free ones only. Eat foods like you are pregnant-no: soft cheeses, runny eggs, raw meats, undercooked chicken, sushi etc.

10. Avoid household chemicals- shower /toilet cleaners (DH can do that too), fly or insect sprays, hairspray (if you can cope without it), mozzie coils and no essential oils!

11. Don't be afraid to see a psychologist. Talking about it helps and they can give you coping mechanisms. If you see one during your cycle it is subsidized by Medicare so not expensive.

12. Be happy - do the things you love to do often...walk / sit on the beach, play with your dog, watch movies, socialize with friends, cook...do the things that make you smile...love life and be positive.

Some talk about eating pineapple core on day of transfer and four days after to help implantation. I tried it on a couple of transfers but it didn't make a difference for me.

A friend of mine said she found it really useful to do an exercise every time she went to the bathroom - picture a colored shape (ball, heart etc filled with your fav colour), fill it with love and send it to your uterus. I knw it's a but fluffy but it helps me focus on positive energy - the mind is very powerful.

Baby dust to you all xx

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to possie For This Useful Post:

akakura  (01-04-2012),dancingbutterfly  (31-03-2012),emmylou81  (31-03-2012),Kenta  (31-03-2012),Lee80  (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Possie – Great post and congratulations on your BFP

Kenta – Hugs, I can not say that I know how you feel but I hope you find support on here and find some more direction…..

Peoniesarepretty – I have been MIA so I think I have missed a few posts about what is going on but it sounds like you guys are going through a tuff time – Cyber hugs to you – Actually just saw your other posts, great you got 7 eggs, I really hope you find a donor soon, I really do…

Jesse – Sorry to hear of your BFN…. For memory you got quite a few embies this time, is that correct? How many did they put in last time? Would they put back more?

Clemantine – Hope AF will hurry up and come for you! Can I ask I noticed on your signature you had a chemical pregnancy, I am so so worried this will be me this month, was this only discovered at the 2 week scan? Did you have any idea or feel anything that made you think this was the case? Sorry for all the questions but I am so paranoid about this, I am considered 5 weeks yesterday and am still a week and a half away from my scan!! So you are almost ready to go another round??

Maryz – I am feeling much the same as you, 5 weeks yesterday and feeling not much different, tender boobs, bloating and headaches… possibly nausea but the wave would come and go so quickly I hardly get a chance to realise…. I have been worried too!!! My cramps have also eased – you?? My gf is 9 days ahead of me and has so many symptoms and throwing up and constant nausea

Samarasmum – Thank you so much for keeping up the role call (HUGS FOR YOU)
    Emmylou – when is your BT?? Good luck

Dancing – So you did get a BFP but lost it? Sorry I have missed over a week, I have been a little stressed and trying to stay off bubhub as it gets me thinking so much more, I have had another BT today because I feel like nothing is happening anymore… So so sorry to hear of the BFN but honestly we were VERY lucky to get BFP the first time and I really hope the second time embie hangs on!!

Mummyofaddi – Fingers crossed for you, I brought mine forward a day and got a BFP, I did manage not to POAS though it was hard especially in the last couple of the days

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

Samarasmum  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi marttc. Thanks for your kind thoughts. But we do have a donor. We had the donor sperm lined up as a backup, as we already knew DH had azoospermia. We just hoped that there might be even a tiny bit to be found with this special (but invasive) procedure. Unfortunately not, so they fertilized my eggs with the donor's sperm. It is a very difficult situation, but we didn't want to waste the cycle.