Congrats noms!! Woo hoo - so happy for you.
emmylou - hopefully you haven't O'd. I get quite strong pain at O time, so I think I'd know by that. Do you usually get any pain?
jessesgirl - how are you going? What's happening with your embies? I meant to aks you also, what is PICSI, as opposed to ICSI?
AFM: 2 shots in, BT & scan tomorrow. Was fine yesterday, but have woken with a headache today. Is that from the Puregon, do you think?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 551 to 560 of 853
18-03-2012 08:32 #551
18-03-2012 14:15 #552Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
Thanks martc, peonies and dancing your comments have made me feel heaps better! I have not had any other signs other than a lot of cm. I have never used syranel before and I am worried that my body is not absorbing it properly! I have just had a reall tough weekend broke down at a friends wedding because I am sick of being the only one childless! I know it is silly but just feeling really down at the moment! Usually I am really happy and upbeat!
18-03-2012 17:03 #553
How are you all?
Samaramum - How are you going in your TWW? Any inklings yet? Sending you so much
Peonies- Yay for jabbing! what dose are you on? Sorry I cant see it further up if you have written it! Picsi is when they use a medium that mimics the outer shell of our eggs so naturally the strongest will swim toward that and thats the sperm they use to inject the egg with! Hey Presto! It could be the jabbing that causes a headache, just make sure you drink lots of water to flush it out..
Noms- Im so incredibily happy for you right now!! Bout time we got some good news in here to keep us going!
Emmylou- Oh dont freak out!! I was exactly the same! last cycle I got heaps of CM and this time none! I freaked so bad!!! but bloods said I was fine and the fn assured me that i didnt 'have' to get it and each cycle is different. Keep smiling! I know what you mean about being the only childless couple... we are in the same boat! But I am hoping we can both change that this month!!
Skizzie - yay!!!! I was so excited to tell the fn I got my period! Morbid huh!! haha Good Luck and let the fun begin!!
Dancing - How are you going? Any twinges yet?
Clem - Thinking of you....
AFM- The scientist called this morning (me hanging by my phone ever so slightly!) haha.. said that 3 are at perfect morula stage and one is alittle slower but should be fine... No fragmentation... all we wanted from this cycle is frosties and a bfp.. is it that much to ask! haha...
Transfer is at 1.30pm tomorrow so have organised to finish at 1 as I work around the corner... ahhhh nervous much! nothing like having your legs in the air with 4 other people watching to finish the day! Id say if the one thats slow stage morula is like that tomorrow then we will put a blasty and the slow one back as we did last time!
Anywho! I am off! Enjoy whats left of the weekend girls!
18-03-2012 20:10 #554
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend
Jesse - Feeling some twinges over the last few days, all in the exact same spot really low in my tummy. Fx its the little embie snugging in nice and tight (too scared to get my hopes up at the moment!).
Peonie - I had headaches the whole time I was jabbing with Puregon as well. Def drink heaps of water, I found it helped.... otherwise if it was really bad a hot shower, comfy couch and a freddo frog!
Skizzie - Congrats on starting your cycle! Isnt it funny how exciting it is to see AF when you are waiting to start!
Not much happening for me... just waiting waiting waiting. Indulged in some retail therapy this weekend.... including some new books to kill off a bit of time!
Good news - the scientists called and confirmed a total of 6 frozen embies (3,5 and 6 days).
Have a good Monday (do we really have to go to work?).
18-03-2012 20:12 #555
PS found this list to get through the 2WW on an old BH forum from a few years ago. Add away!
1. Retail therapy
2. Art Gallery
3. Draw a picture or send your niece or nephew something special and post it.
4. Hire movies that make you laugh (no boring daytime tv allowed!!)
5. Go to the florist and get some flowers (unarranged) and arrange them yourself
6. Call DS to say "hello"
7. Read magazines
8. Get creative with your photography, macro photography in the back or front yard.
9. Do something just for DH - something that will get a big response that takes a little effort
10. Download all your favourite old songs (MP3's) and play them really loud whilst singing into your hairbrush.
11. Cook/bake your favourite foods
16. Groom your animals/make a fuss over them
17. Organise a girls night, including written invitations, white chocolate fondue, your fave movies or boardgames and cards. Have the party a few days after your 2ww is over. Either way you'll welcome the company.
18. Take down the calendar with the big red X on it.... you dont need the extra reminders as to when you're BT/AF is due.
18. Search for positive quotes on the internet, and if you find some that inspire you, make them into posters to put around your house.
20. Pen a letter to a friend you havent seen for ages. Reigniting old friendships can be a great distraction, and they'll think you're wonderful for thinking of them. And they probably wont mention TTC/kids or can except a "maybe later" answer without too much thought.
21. Go to the beach/on a drive through the country.
22. A weekend away.
23. Read trashy magazines
24. Get a gentle massage
25. Organise coffee dates (without the coffee) with close girlfriends who understand that you may not want to talk about it adnauseum.
26. Remember that is ok to say no to other peoples requests, you have to look after yourself first.
27. A pampering facial.
28. Feed the ducks at the local lake.
29. Get a foot and scalp massage
30. Visit a art museum/gallery
31. Go for a swim at the beach or just to look at the water
32. Go to the movies
33. Have a picnic with some friends, hubby or both
34. Get hubby to take you out for a romantic dinner.
36. Read a good book that you have been thinking about reading for some time.
36. Write,,,poetry,,,anything that sparks your imagination.
37. Take up that hobby that you have been dreaming about doing but never have gotten around to it.
Couple of mine to add!
38. Rent an entire tv series that you have wanted to watch and indulge in a couple of episdoes every night.
39. Get out into the fresh air and sun every day at lunch - breathe and let everything go!
Last edited by dancingbutterfly; 18-03-2012 at 20:15.
18-03-2012 21:18 #556
Skizzie, yay, glad you can get started Gosh looking at your signature, you've had a rough time. I really hops this is the lucky FET for you.
Emmylou, don't loose hope. Ovulation can be so tricky sometimes you really never know if you have or not. Its probably unlikely on the syranel. I think when you're doing a medicated cycle, it can mess up your body as well, so you may not have ovulated at all. Hope you are feeling better. You can't be upbeat all the time, infertility is a tough road and few people understand what it feels like.
Jesse, sounds like your little embies are all going well! I'm sure by the sounds of it, you will get some to freeze. Best of luck for your transfer tom.
Peonies, i got horrible headaches on the puregon. As already said, all you can really do is drink heaps of water and try and rest when you can. Hope you don't have them all through your cycle.
Dancing, 6 frozen embies, thats great!!! That's so nice of you to post that list of things to keep us from going mad
AFM - i am still kind of in no mans land, although i'm pretty sure this has been a chemical pregnancy. Poas today and got another bfp, not a faint line, but not quite as dark as the control. AF has eased off a bit to being very light (if thats what it is) and i have a weird sore tummy, not cramping exactly just sort of like a pulling sensation, a bit like how your tummy muscles feel after epu. I just wish I knew what was going on… bt tom which i'm sure will confirm a bfn. Its all been very strange.
Last edited by Clementine Grace; 18-03-2012 at 21:20.
The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:
18-03-2012 21:25 #557
Clem- in thinking of you hun! I am hoping that little button is just burrowing in!
The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:
Clementine Grace (18-03-2012)
18-03-2012 21:33 #558
Thanks girls. I took some Panadol late morning & it's been fine ever since. I am having lots of water. I always do anyway, but having more than usual.
Clem - I read a story about a woman who had been through IVF and had a heavy bleed, thought it was all over - turned out it was a double transfer & the bleed was losing one of them that had tried to implant. But the other one successfully implanted & she carried through & had the baby. So she bled for a while but was still having a healthy pregnancy, which was kind of weird. Is that possibly the explanation for you? Did you have two transferred? Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck!
Jessesgirl - good luck for your transfer tomorrow! Will be thinking of you.
AFM: I have BT and first scan tomorrow morning. Wow, we're really doing this!
19-03-2012 07:30 #559
Just quickly sitting at the day surgery ready for my pick up! Freaking out a bit haha but hoping for good results!!
Wish me luck :-)
19-03-2012 07:46 #560
By LillyPonds in forum Conception issues & ttcReplies: 410Last Post: 08-06-2012, 18:59
By MummaJez in forum Conception & Fertility General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 26-04-2012, 18:38
By Ellewood in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 14-12-2011, 12:38
Hunter Women's Health CentreHunter Women’s Health Centre care for women of all ages, in the full spectrum of their gynaecologic and obstetric ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF/ICSI/FET/due group March/April/May/June #3When are you due?
ConfusedConception & Fertility General Chat
Sperm donor needed in BrisbaneNon-IVF fertility assistance
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
any one else get a bfp after laparoscopy?Endometriosis Chat
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat