+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ditched the car and started walking everywhere with the pram. its amazing how when you have to walk to the shops for groceries you buy less and you tend to avoid anything processed ie canned cos its too blooming heavy. This has been the best thing ever.

Huge breakfast ie toast/eggs/milk with portions reducing as the day progresses.

eating dinner with bub at 5/5.30 and the same portion as she is served. If I get hungry later at night I just have a glass of milk with cinnamon to flavour it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Side effects

Xencal Lets just say it taught you really fast how much fat is in your foods. (TMI in white you poo oil and need to be close to a loo if you eat something fatty. )

Opti no side effects but it is hard to stick too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    OP, what I've done to lose weight is to have WLS, so I know I have no answers for you there... my diet has changed, and even though I have to somewhat stick to a diet plan, it's totally different to that of which a non-sleeved person requires.

I did want to add though, that perhaps if you are wondering what you should be consuming, it'd be a good idea to see a dietician. They'll try to get you to keep on going, but even going just the once should give you some idea... they'll let you know based on YOU as an individual, not just saying, "1200 Calories a day," or whatever generic "woman wanting to lose weight," number most diet plans will suggest. Those are usually fairly good, but it'd be a good idea to speak to someone who will cater a plan TO YOU.

They'll also help let you know just what a decent goal weight for you is... one that doesn't rely solely on the BMI which can be unrealistic for some people.

I see a dietician and adore her... seeing one would give you a good indication as to what'd you should be eating to continue to lose healthily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was back to a size 6 five weeks after having ds but lost a lot of muscle tone so i go to the gym 5 times a week, i do 3 cardio sessions a week and 2 weights. I love it, its my ME time. I feel better than ever. Happy mummy= happy baby

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont go on a "diet" is my best advice. Change your eating lifestyle. if you put pressure on yourself then you will hit the ground so much harder. Ive just done this myself. I need to lose 20kgs to get to get to where i want to be. I have started running/walking in the afternoons with my eldest on his bike and we go for about 20 mins. goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go to the website CalorieKing (Australia). It's free and it has a function that allows you to calculate all your calories. It has a CalorieKing University where you can learn all about nutrition. It has a forum, blog, groups. I lost about 10 kg on it about 8 years ago. I maintained but now I'm about 8kg up again

I just find calorie counting so tedious. But really it's the only thing that works.

For a large part of last year I was on and off low carb diets. While I agree with the science behind the method, I think it was one of the contributing factors for my weight gain.

I am considering Weight Watchers to lose the weight this time, however I'm trying to justify the cost when CalorieKing is free.

Good luck!

Birdistheword is offline Frightened little child, bird is the word!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Doing nothing that I should have already been doing.

Bottle of 1.5L water every day. No soft drink
    No junk food or take away, I now make everything at home.
    Exercise for 100 mins a day doing Zumba.
    Walking everywhere instead of driving.
    Eating 5 small meals a day instead of grazing on crap.

Now I have lost 3.6kgs so far.

Also realising that it is a long term commitment, no magic pill exists. If you work hard for it you will feel better

ETA: I use myfitnesspal.com
    Last edited by Birdistheword; 28-01-2012 at 09:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've lost 15kg since October last year. What i've done -

- Being active daily. This includes 1-2hour gym daily on weekdays, I will generally do 5-8km running, various classes (combat, spin, attack, circuit etc.) weight/resistance training twice weekly. Some weeks I also go on weekends, if not, we(as a family) will go swimming, on a long walk, bike ride, anything that gets us active.

- Diet. I have cut carbs in half, I still eat them, I just limit the amount on my plate. I have cut out sugar, alcohol and refined sugar (on the exeception that I will very occasionally have a lowcarb beer, or a latte when having coffee with friends, but this is like once a month type thing.)

I also drink warm lemon water in the morning, plenty of water during the day, smaller portions and making smarter choices, like switching white bread for multi etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tried WW and lost 12kgs in 3 mths.
    I did optislim shakes and lost 6kgs in 4wks (just before my wedding 4yrs ago).
    I have just started the shakes again, I know they really r not the best option but I want to lose 10kgs before TTC again in May. Im ok at maintaining but not very good at loosing.
    I also try and keep under 1200 cals for the day and try to get to the gym at least 3 times a wk and walk in-between those days.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've lost 4 kilos since Jan 1st.

Done by cutting portion size, counting my calories through calorieking and consuming at a caloric deficit, Smashing myself at the gym, following gym program.