+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep! All but one of our close friends are couples.

Just worked out that way I guess Now that I think about it, it is pretty lucky that all of our partners get along awesomely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Where did most of you find these couple friends? Was meant to ask in the OP but forgot.
    I'm thinking once DD1 starts school we might make friends through there? And DF has a few friends who seem to be eager to catch up with us and meet me.
    And Thermo we will definitely organize something with the guys when we can catch them both at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's all about just going for it! Meet mums at school/playgroup and once you build a bit of a friendship invite her and partner over for tea etc. We didn't have many couple friends until I bit the bullet and made more of an effort with people

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Where did most of you find these couple friends? Was meant to ask in the OP but forgot.
    I'm thinking once DD1 starts school we might make friends through there? And DF has a few friends who seem to be eager to catch up with us and meet me.
    And Thermo we will definitely organize something with the guys when we can catch them both at home.
    Our couple friends are my childhood friends and their partners

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Most of our friends are couples. That's something that has evolved over time - so friends we had who were single are now part of a couple. In some of the couples I am closer to one person and in others DH is closer to one and in others again we are all as close as one another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    DP and I went to the same school, so we have always had the same circle of friends, even when we finished school and went our seperate ways, DP and I always saw the same people. Since we are together now, we see the same people, which friends from school that have coupled. He also has a few mates from work/basketball/music gigs etc who are married or partnered, and I have friends from pre-preg and when I was working/studying and then there are people I have met from BH and playgroup, I think we got lucky that we all pretty much get on with each other and each other's partners.

I think when making friends you just have to put yourself out there and make a bit of an effort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, all of our friends who we keep in regular contact with are in couples where we are both friends with both of them. We have just a few scattered single friends left who just won't get together...lol!
    And we have one set of couple friends who split up and we are only friends with the female now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. I finished school with five other girls. Four of us are now married with kids so we have four couples. One of my friends is actually married to dh close friend from school too. That's how dh and I met