ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Gently changing 1yr olds routine...

DD is all over the shop at the moment with her routine and I need to get some routine back before school starts next week.
    Currently she is having 2 sleeps. Tried 1 but then she wakes up after 45 mins at night and then stays up to 11pm.
    She sleeps in every day till at least 8:30 so I'm having trouble fitting 2 sleeps in. She was up till 11 last night and slept till 9:30am!
    She only goes to sleep if she has a huge big warm bottle, so if she drinks all that and then isn't tired we are in trouble as she then has to be hungry again to drink herself to sleep.
    I have to do the school run at about 3-3:30pm so it needs to work around that.
    So what's a good routine and how do I do it? I hate waking her up as she is SO grumpy when I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What time is she napping now?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like she's getting plenty of night sleep but she starts late and sleeps in. Do you need to do a morning school run? Do you want her to wake earlier in the morning?

Thanks
    Reviews
    And what time do you normally put her to bed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH does the morning school run so I'm not too fussed with that. She gets ups around 8 and the naps from 10-12 then from 4-5 then up till god knows when. We usually try about 8:30 ish. She then wakes at 5 for a bottle and sleeps til 8/9.
    I think she could be ready for 1 sleep as I think she's getting too much!

I'd LOVE for her to sleep from 12-3 and then 7-7! Is that too much to ask.?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't quite see the problem with her current schedule. She sleeps 11-odd hours at night and her naps seem to fit around your school run. Having said that your idea of one nap 12-3 would work too. And moving her nap like that should enable her to sleep earlier at night. The tricky thing is how to move the nap, of course.

YThere's two options. Push the morning nap back, or bring both naps forward. If you bring both naps forward you would probably have to shorten the morning nap to lengthen the afternoon nap, and you've already said you hate waking her, so I'd probably try the first way first. Try and shift the nap from 10 until 12. I would do this very slowly, like 10 minutes later each day, or even 5 minutes. Don't worry if you can't push it all the way to 12 - even 11 is good. Then I'd try and drop the afternoon nap. If bub really needs it try letting her nap on the lounge room floor, or some place she will be less inclined to sleep for long. If bub manages to skip the afternoon nap put her to bed earlier. If at any point the night sleep seems to become disturbed, ease off on pushing her naps around. The last thing you want is to screw with her good long night sleep. Good luck!