ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As a surprise on my wedding day

DH and I showed mum my wedding ring months before our wedding which matched my engagement ring perfectly. I commented to mum how nice a 2nd of that wedding ring would look (wedding ring under my engagement ring, the other ring above my engagement ring) and that DH and I would buy it when we could afford it one day.

Anyway, when the time came for DH to get the wedding ring off mum after we said our vows at the wedding, she gave him the box. He opened it up and there were the two wedding rings DH knew about it and said I was getting my Eternity ring then and there because we'd be together for eternity. I'd done a good job not crying up until that point lol...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have one and doubt I'll get one. I don't have anywhere to wear it (on my finger that is) and I already have a lot of jewelery I don't wear. For my engagement I got two full circle diamond bands and I wear a plain wedding band in between so it looks like one thick band. FYI Little-pink-hen, my diamond bands are white gold and my wedding band yellow gold. They look great together, I have had many compliments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got mine last year, not for any special occasion - I'd done heaps of overtime, & finally found a ring that matched so I bought it. DH had nothing to do with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't got mine yet always told dh that I want it as a birth present for our first child and to have the date and initials engraved into it do they can have it as an heirloom

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub trying to concur Auto correct one text at a time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't have one and don't want one. I like plain, simple things and prefer to just see engagement rings matched with a plain wedding band and nothing more. A diamond engagement ring then another diamond ring next to it is too much bling for me.
    I also think that our wedding ring symbolizes enough of a commitment to be together forever that I feel no need at all to have yet another ring to say the same thing. I think it's kind of silly when people get them for their one year anniversary....it's so far from an eternity, it should be ten years or something more substantial IMO.

I do realise I'm in the minority here too though
    Last edited by Areca; 27-01-2012 at 02:57.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We lay by'd mine on our 1st anniversary and I got it out for Christmas after paying it off.

It is the same as my wedding ring and is a matching set with my engagement ring.

I love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    1st wedding anniversary. We already had 2 young children by then.

My eternity ring is gorgeous (to me) it's white cold with 15 little diamonds going around the band and on either side of the band (top/bottom) there is more diamonds. Never seen anything like it and I love it, it compliments my engagement and wedding bands beautifully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm surprised how many got one after only a year. I always thought it was at 10 years, I got ripped off lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm surprised how many got one after only a year. I always thought it was at 10 years, I got ripped off lol
    Lol I asked but glad I didn't get it. I've heard the new tradition is first anniversary or first bub.
    But ive also heard rings at birth are "push rings"

Not knocking any first anniversary eternity ring receivers. But the tradition now being 1 year it's almost like saying we are all lucky not to be Kim kadashians if we make it too a year lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Pink-Hen View Post
    Not knocking any first anniversary eternity ring receivers. But the tradition now being 1 year it's almost like saying we are all lucky not to be Kim kadashians if we make it too a year lol
    Lol - that made me laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub