ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i dont have mine yet but DH and i are planning on renewing our vows in a traditional fijian ceremony (his family were unable to make it to australia for our wedding) in a couple of years time and he says he'll get it for me then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Pink-Hen View Post
    I want one as a 10th wedding anniversary which is in march

Reason - when we got engaged I hated diamonds. I hated large raised rings. I hated gold. I wanted white gold but it wasn't fashionable than so wasn't really an option so dh got me a two tone. With flat tiny diamonds. We were also 19 and 21 so couldn't afford much. It was perfect for me than
    11 years on my tiny stones have falling out. I no longer wear it. So I'm asking for dh to redesign the original engagement ring with a larger diamond and a ruby and mother of pearl on either side to represent our birth stones. It'll be my eternity ring to replace the engagement ring. The engagement ring I would of had back than if money permitted
    When we got engaged I was about 21, hated diamonds and chose a beautiful ruby ring (I thought diamonds were boring). Sadly one of the 3 rubies have fallen out and lost so I no longer wear it. My eternity ring is white gold with lots of bling lol oh how things have changed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    When we got engaged I was about 21, hated diamonds and chose a beautiful ruby ring (I thought diamonds were boring). Sadly one of the 3 rubies have fallen out and lost so I no longer wear it. My eternity ring is white gold with lots of bling lol oh how things have changed
    Lol. I'd love a white gold eternity ring but I have a yellow gold wedding band. So it won't match. I've googled dipping the wedding band but apparently than isnt great either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol. I'd love a white gold eternity ring but I have a yellow gold wedding band. So it won't match. I've googled dipping the wedding band but apparently than isnt great either
    The dipping of your wedding band is quite fine. The reason behind not dipping yellow gold bands is because they wear and you need them dipped regularly because you wear them all the time. Maybe once every 12-18 months. I have several rings that were yellow gold I had dipped because I only wear white gold and they're perfectly fine. My best friend had her family engagement ring (heirloom) dipped and again perfectly fine.
    Sorry a bit off track but thought I'd say from my perspective.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    The dipping of your wedding band is quite fine. The reason behind not dipping yellow gold bands is because they wear and you need them dipped regularly because you wear them all the time. Maybe once every 12-18 months. I have several rings that were yellow gold I had dipped because I only wear white gold and they're perfectly fine. My best friend had her family engagement ring (heirloom) dipped and again perfectly fine.
    Sorry a bit off track but thought I'd say from my perspective.
    Ohh cool thanks how much is it roughly to get it done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got mine for our first wedding anniversary / birth of DS. It's exactly the same as my wedding ring as it needed to be fitted around my engagement ring which is one that has the sort of S shape to it. I wear it all the time, except in the shower or when I remember when doing dishes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh cool thanks how much is it roughly to get it done?
    About $50/80 depending on jewellers and ring. And discount if you have a few!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was very spoilt and received mine on our one year anniversay when we renewed our vows, it matches my wedding band and completes the set.

DH lovingly helped make all the rings (I helped make his wedding band) and had all four, mine and his made from the same piece if platinum.

Dh had the jeweller do a special hidden design with each ring and as we couldn't wait to be married, we had picked our wedding date before the official proposal.

DH had a beautiful ring made to reflect our wedding date, with the engagement having one beautiful pear cut surrounded by 28 diamonds = 29th, then hand wedding and eternity made with 10 diamonds each = october 2010

Not sure if that makes sense when I read it back, but definately spoilt rotten!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We've been married five years and not yet! April is ten years together so hoping for then. We have the stones, just needs to get it made

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    About $50/80 depending on jewellers and ring. And discount if you have a few!
    Thanks for the info! I have the same problem. My engagement ring is 14 years old and my wedding band 12. Yellow was the norm back then but I really wouldn't choose to wear it now.