+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Gastro takes a few days to appear from the time you are exposed to it (i am fairly sure) so if you were out 2 days ago it could well be gastro

Thanks
    Reviews
    Listeria takes about 6 weeks to appear so I don't think you have to worry about that More likely to be gastro or maybe just a reaction to the food generally (rather than actual food poisoning). Sorry to hear, get lots of cold fluids and go to the dr/ER if you get too sick/dehydrated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Listeria usually takes 3 days but gastro and other food borne illnesses can happen hours after eating , I would check with dr just in case! Of course you can get food poisoning from McDonalds!
    It's fast food made by teenagers! I know they are " supposed" to be clean etc but really all you need is a food handler to not wash their hands properly , or sneeze while making your burger! look how much money the checkout people handle and then touch your food, get you drinks etc imagine the kids that cough and sneeze and touch the door handles etc , fast food is ideal for food borne illnesses, lots of food being handled at fast pace in crowded restaurants!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so scary eating these days! I wouldn't think it would be Maccas either - it's so unlikely! Is anyone else scared of salads now too?? Side salads, prepackaged salads, salads in burgers....should I go on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I doubt that it was the Mc Donalds because they have to maintain a certain level of food and they are really particular with their waste and making sure food is thrown out after so long. It could possibly have been the soft serve ice cream, I know that when I worked at Mc Donalds 7 years ago, the store manager was so particular with how frequently we cleaned the soft serve machine and mentioned something about bacteria if it wasn't cleaned properly?

I always get a cheese burger when I go to Mc Donalds and I always reheat it to be safe so reheating it wouldn't have been an issue... I think? It might just be a bug that you've caught but I would go see the doctor to be safe.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    of the foods you listed I would say the soft serve would be the highest risk by far.

listeria is found in dirt as far as I was aware - so a processed chicken fillet produced under manufactoring codes that maccas adhere to - it wouldn't stand out as high risk to me? The salad is also multi treated for cleaning. (other bacteria from it not being hot enough etc could be risky though)

as PP mentioned food poisoning is more like 12hrs to present and can last up to 36hrs.

dont know much about gastro really.

i would go to dr to get checked out, and also keep up your fluids.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It could very well be the McDonald's, although gastro isn't uncommon. I had gastro while pregnant with DS2.

As for the soft serve - do you know that soft serve icecream is a high listeria risk? I don't think you have listeriosis (it takes longer than that to present itself), but maybe just be mindful for next time...