ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can get on your paypal account and make a little money swapping money from one currency to another!

Because I make so many international transfers it is something I really watch. Ie what I might lose say $50 if I transfer US$1500 at the wrong time of the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kristinandchloe View Post
    For the people who have said they are moving their money elsewhere, where exactly, if you don't kind my asking?

Just curious... I don't think I've been around long enough (or been paying attention long enough) to really have an opinion about the op.
    Gold and Silver

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Then it would be a sellers market right? A buyers market indicates there are more houses on the market than people buying, so sellers need to reduce the expected price of their house in order to sell, thus the current fall in property prices.
    No it means it's normal real estate market ( again this is in my area) houses come on and sell on average within 45 days, in general prices are what I would say are normal ( not inflated but not bargains everywhere ) yes they have come down from their inflated prices from 2 years ago but definitely still in normal yearly increases , definitely a lot better than this time last year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    No it means it's normal real estate market ( again this is in my area) houses come on and sell on average within 45 days, in general prices are what I would say are normal ( not inflated but not bargains everywhere ) yes they have come down from their inflated prices from 2 years ago but definitely still in normal yearly increases , definitely a lot better than this time last year
    I thought you just said, or agreed, with the other real estate agent that it was a buyer's market? Anyway - prices are always 'normal' in a sense aren't they? I mean that the price sale of a house is only as good as a buyer is prepared to pay and a seller prepared to sell. Just because a seller thinks their house is worth 'x' or was worth 'x' last year doesn't mean they'll find a buyer at that price, conversely if more than one person is deadly keen on a house, it's value is more worthy and a buyer may have to pay more to get it than what they consider is it's 'market value per se'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I thought you just said, or agreed, with the other real estate agent that it was a buyer's market? Anyway - prices are always 'normal' in a sense aren't they? I mean that the price sale of a house is only as good as a buyer is prepared to pay and a seller prepared to sell. Just because a seller thinks their house is worth 'x' or was worth 'x' last year doesn't mean they'll find a buyer at that price, conversely if more than one person is deadly keen on a house, it's value is more worthy and a buyer may have to pay more to get it than what they consider is it's 'market value per se'.
    Yes. But the point of a buyer's market is that houses are still selling, yet the demand is not such that they are selling as soon as listed or at inflated prices. They are selling at a fair market value and the 'put in an offer right now or miss out' imperative isn't there.

Buyers can be canny at auctions and not kiss out on dream properties. They are in box seat when negotiating, but it doesn't meant houses aren't selling or the market is bottoming out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nope not me- if anything it was more of a buyers market last year- rates were up as were stock levels which is why I think this year will be ok, lower rates and normal stock levels

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How much (roughly) would a 5 bedroom house on 460m2 of land sell for in Bexley, recently renovated? Single garage, 2 storey, huge backyard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bexley is a little out from where we are but i think it would be similar to Hurstville and Beverly hills also depending on which street - is it brick? $750,000-$850,000 I would say roughly, I can check anything for you on rp data if you need it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Bexley is a little out from where we are but i think it would be similar to Hurstville and Beverly hills also depending on which street - is it brick? $750,000-$850,000 I would say roughly, I can check anything for you on rp data if you need it!
    It's a quiet street. It's double brick on first floor, second floor is an extension. All the house is cement rendered now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    It's a quiet street. It's double brick on first floor, second floor is an extension. All the house is cement rendered now.
    Then go up to possibly to $900,s - anything under $1 mil still sells very well in that area , especially renovated brick