+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Curette after triplet loss, how long does it take?

Hi ladies,
    I was after some advice, I recently lost triplets at 10 weeks Beta was apparently 290000 and as a result my thyroid became hyperactive.

I am told it should all settle down in time but I would like to hear from anyone who has also suffered a loss to find out how long it takes. Particularly with a beta that high. Could it go back to normal in a month or will it take longer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know how long sorry, but I wanted to offer some

I lost our 2nd child to an ectopic last year and that hurt so much, but loosing triplets, man that would have been hard!

Hope you conceive again quickly when your ready

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonGecko For This Useful Post:

dextersmum  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dextersmum - I'm so sorry for your loss. I recently lost my little girl at 15 weeks (Trisomy 18) and had a termination for medical reasons. I had the same question as you and found the following link which may help.

http://www.managingcontraception.com...questionid=407

I was also advised by my FS to wait at least 3 full normal menstrual cycles before trying again due to higher miscarriage rates prior to this.

Hugs to you.

Wish

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

dextersmum  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dextersmum-I am so sorry what you are going through sweety, same goes for the other ladies that have responded.. Words can't describe the pain we feel after we lose something we've tried so hard for...

My story is a little different, I lost identical twins in October at 14 weeks pregnant, I got my AF exactly 5 weeks after the D&C.. However I have no idea what my levels were or anything like that when I lost my babies. Although it did take the last 3 months for my AF to return to pre miscarriage days...

I hope you have very supportive family and friends around during this difficult time. Wishing you the absolute best.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Time Has Come For This Useful Post:

dextersmum  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dextersmum - so sorry to read your heartbreaking news. How devastating for you.

I had a couple of months off following my D&C for miscarriage. It will depend on how your body recovers and what your uterine lining is. Take good care of yourself and give yourself time to grieve.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

dextersmum  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies for your responses. It is so sad to read about your losses. Im so bloody hormonal and cannot watch a movie without bawling!! I never thought this could happen to me, but can now fully relate to the devastating stories and long sad signatures. I thought Id got over the biggest hurdle of getting pregnant, I never dreamed id have trouble staying pregnant. DP has been very standoffish, I think its his way of dealing with it. Not really sure what to make of him atm.

I am only a week out from the curette and still feeling physically pretty crappy. I was left alone two nights ago and thought I was well enough to make myself some simple spaggy bol out of the jar and nearly passed out 3 times while standing at the stove. I tried to see a doctor yesterday but could not get in without sitting there for ages. Will try again Monday to have some BT to check my levels. I think it is more the thyroid making me sick than any pregnancy hormone I have. Since my throid is hyperactive and therefore my body is metabolizing faster, I wonder if that means the hcg is moving faster out of my body.
    I wish you all the best of luck in your quest to have a baby. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dextersmum - I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery and hope that your thyroid issues have not resurfaced, as that's the last thing you need at this time.

AFM - DH and I learned today that our little one has not made it, so I have a D&C scheduled for the morning. At this stage after so many failures we are uncertain about our future. I wish you all the very best in your future pregnancy endeavours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dextersmum

I'm so sorry for the loss of your triplets. How very heartbreaking for you.

As to how long it will take for your HCG levels to fall really is dependant on how quickly your body processes it. Some fall pretty quickly and others seem to linger.

I sincerely hope that yours come down fast so you can recover relatively quick and you can start to heal emotionally and physically.

I know some Dr/FS's like to do regular BT's to see how quick your levels fall. But I have never had that and mine came down quickly because I O'd and got Af approx 6 weeks after my D&C last time. The jury is still out on this MC and D&C so I can't tell you from my latest experience.

You won't O until your levels are back to 0 so it will depend on how slow or quick it all happens.

Please take care. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I just wanted to pass on my thoughts to all of you. Losing a baby is just awful.
    I don't know anything about the thyroid issue I'm afraid but I can tell you that I lost twins a year ago today and I bled for 11 weeks in total afterwards. This was not normal obviously as I still had some placenta left inside and had to have a D&C to remove it. The good news is that I only had AF once after that, then got pregnant through IVF and I am now 38 weeks and looking forward to our baby arriving.
    Hang on in there everyone and I'm so sorry for your losses