+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confused over cycle days, luteal phase and HPT

Hi!

I'm a little confused and I was wondering if someone could help??

My cycles have been 26 - 29 days but since I haven't tracked my temps for more than just last month, I'm not sure how long my luteal phase is for.

Today I'm on CD31 and 10DPO, my chart is below.... so my question is, last month, I was 10DPO when AF arrived but I was on CD26

So if the 10 days doesn't change, does that mean that AF is due today because I'm 10DPO, even if I've never had a cycle this long before??

I'm so confused! I can't work out if AF is late or not! lol

I've had sore boobs for days, and they are SOOOOOO sore, I've never had them hurt like this!
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/391274/">My Ovulation Chart</a>

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie82 View Post
    Hi!

I'm a little confused and I was wondering if someone could help??

My cycles have been 26 - 29 days but since I haven't tracked my temps for more than just last month, I'm not sure how long my luteal phase is for.

Today I'm on CD31 and 10DPO, my chart is below.... so my question is, last month, I was 10DPO when AF arrived but I was on CD26

So if the 10 days doesn't change, does that mean that AF is due today because I'm 10DPO, even if I've never had a cycle this long before??

I'm so confused! I can't work out if AF is late or not! lol

I've had sore boobs for days, and they are SOOOOOO sore, I've never had them hurt like this!
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/391274/">My Ovulation Chart</a>

Any help would be appreciated
    Hey There,

My understanding is that your cycle is longer this time as you would have O'd later than last cycle. I know that the luteal phase can also change slightly it would probably take a few cycles of charting to actually figure out how long you luteal phase really is.

Mine last month was 11 and this month was 12. So I would probably still class anything after 14DPO as being late as mine seem to be changing slightly. I wouldn't make an appointment for a blood test until I was around 7 days late or I got a BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks
    As my husband said to me the other day, wouldn't it be great if you could just 'do it' and know straight away if it had worked or not! lol Don't we all wish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie82 View Post
    Thanks
    As my husband said to me the other day, wouldn't it be great if you could just 'do it' and know straight away if it had worked or not! lol Don't we all wish!
    Yes it would be fantastic. I'm starting to find that all of this charting and testing is starting to make it feel like a chore.

Fingers Crossed that you caught the egg this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the chore thing...who thought it was possible to be bored with DTD lol Sometimes I find that we both agree to DTD in the middle of the day so we can 'just get it done'. Not the way I imagined making a baby lol