+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help. Is my DS teething?

Hi

My DS is only 4 months old but he has been drooling, scratching his gums, chewing on his hands, tugging at his ears and biting when I am trying to feed him to the point where I end up in tears. He has been doing this for about a week and I dont know what to do to help him.

Could he be teething? I am pretty sure I can see his top teeth through his gum but I cant feel them about to break through.

Thanks to anyone who replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS was the same, he had 4 teeth by 6 months! I put an amber teething necklace on at 4 months and we didn't even know his teeth were coming until one morning they just appeared! He still wears it at 15 months and has now 12 teeth ( including 4 big molars) and so far no problems!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boy started doing that early and everybody said he was teething, but the first teeth appeared at 8 m.o. (bottom middle ones) one week apart. Now, he is 10 1/2 m.o. and those are the only teeth he has so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS has been doing all those things since 4 months, he is now 5 months and still no teeth yet but every baby is different so it could be the start of some teeth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    In my experience he absolutley is teething. My dd1 got her first tooth at 4 months. Start looking at teething rings and teether toys etc. oh the joys of parenthood.

goodluck with the journey that is teething.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like teething to me. I swear by DS's amber necklace also Weleda teething power is a homeopathic remedy that does wonders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the same situation, my 3 1/2 month old is in my arms crying as I type! I can see white spots on his gums and he's showing all the signs. I don't know what to do, he's crying uncontrollably, amber teething necklace and anklet on but how long do they take to work? Gave him baby Panadol, worked for 20 minutes. Any other suggestions? He can't grasp things yet so teething ring is hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitley sounds like teething to me!

DD has been going through it since 5 months and she's now 9 months. In my opinion, teething is the hardest to deal with. Some nurofen (anti inflammatory), Bonjela and maybe even a frozen flannel to chew on should lessen the pain. But in saying that you really have to ride it out. Good luck!!

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyBic View Post
    Sounds like teething to me. I swear by DS's amber necklace also Weleda teething power is a homeopathic remedy that does wonders.
    Where do you get the teething powder from? I used hylands teething tablets with DD1 but can't get them for DD2!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS was also doing the same thing at 4 months and 2 teeth popper out at 6 months.