Closed Thread
Page 45 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It was the juiciest fish iv ever had because of the steam, I did the seasoning someone suggested just before my last post if you scroll up a bit? Im on my phone so can't see it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    The cooking night I went to the other night showed us how to make seasoned salt - perfect for fish.

couple of slices of lemon and garlic and a sprig of rosemary toasted in oven.
    Thrown in with some rock salt and blitzed - smelt gorgeous!
    Then she scraped 'most' out but left a little stuck to the bowl and made a cheese patte - that was served with the onion relish.

OMG - *drool*
    What are the ratios of rock salt to lemon/garlic? I really want to make this as a gift for my dad... He uses a lot of seasonings that are store bought and if I could show him how the thermy
    Makes them he would be so excited! Thanks so much I never even thought of making my own seasonings but now I am getting so many ideas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumbleine View Post
    What are the ratios of rock salt to lemon/garlic? I really want to make this as a gift for my dad... He uses a lot of seasonings that are store bought and if I could show him how the thermy
    Makes them he would be so excited! Thanks so much I never even thought of making my own seasonings but now I am getting so many ideas!
    I can't remember exactly sorry (next time I will take a pen & Paper!!)

t's in the 'Taste of Vegetarian' cookbook
    - 'boutique salt'

if anyone has that?

I remember her holding up two slices and a couple slices of garlic and a sprig of rosemary - it might have been 100 or more grams of salt ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh I don't have this cook book if anyone else has it please let me know can't afford to buy any more cook books for a while!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    In teninas her salt recipes have 100g rock salt and then measurements like 1 chilli, 2 cloves of garlic etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumbleine View Post
    Ahhh I don't have this cook book if anyone else has it please let me know can't afford to buy any more cook books for a while!!
    Hi,
    The recipe for boutique salt in the a taste of vegetarian cookbook is:
    - 2 small lemons thinly sliced
    - 1 complete head of garlic - each clove peeled and separated
    - 2 sprigs rosemary
    - 2 Tbsp rock salt
    Place lemon, garlic and rosemary on a lined tray and bake for 1 1/2hours in a pre heated oven at 120degrees or until ingredients are dry.
    Place all ingredients in TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 8.
    Can keep in airtight container for up to a month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I have been given a lend of my mums thermomix for about 6 weeks to see if I like it/will use it. What are some good things to try? We tend to eat pretty basic main meals (i.e grilled meat and salad) so Im assuming I will mostly use it for sides and desserts. So what are your favourites? Hit me up Thermy lovers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try the mashed potato in the edc - my DPs favourite by far and if he ever winges about anything I make that and hes instantly quiet!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You should try some sauces to go with your meat, try steamed chicken and steamed veg as well as deserts as you said I don't use mine for deserts that much mainly for main meals. I do like using it to make ice cream base though but I churn mine in an ice cream maker after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you make hot chocolate in the thermy? Is it using cocoa or chocolate? or both I cant find a recipe.
    So far I have whipped up a chocolate mousse. I am making bread tomorrow and have a list of ingredients to buy to make heaps more delicious dishes (well hopefully)