+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Surely I am not the only one...

Who longs for a full night sleep, alone??

I just can't stand sharing a bed with anyone ATM, DF snores and is constantly all over me, or taking up most of the bed, and it's so hot and sticky (we don't have air con). My back is in a constant state of pain, I'm 18 weeks pregnant, always uncomfortable and sleeping really lightly. I just can not stand sharing a bed right now

Last night DF fell asleep on the lounge and I thought to myself "finally a night in bed by myself", I tip toed all the way to bed to avoid waking him, but then DD woke and hopped in with me... Usually I can't refuse a snuggle in bed with her, but last night I even sent HER away! In the early morning hours DF tried to hop in bed and I actually asked him to sleep in the spare room so I could get a good nights sleep, he looked slightly miffed but obliged.

I slept in until 10am, it was wonderful!

I always felt so sad for those old couples who sleep in separate beds in separate rooms, and now I envy them!

So is it just me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    no, it's not just you.
    I actually asked DH for my birthday this year if he could go stay at his dad's place for the weekend so I could just have two whole days (and hopefully 2 nights!) where I can do what I want, sleep when and where I want, and no be interrupted. I'll be 37 weeks pregnant, and it just sounds like bliss to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish DH is horrible to sleep with, he bedhogs and snores. At nearly 23 weeks pregnant its starting to get difficult to get comfortable and its only going to get worse from here. Add the heat... I don't get a lot of sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Urgh... not just you. My DD wont sleep unless I'm in the bed with her. It is too crowded to have DD, DH and I, BUT DH wants me to sleep in the bed with him.
    So I start in bed with DH, then about midnight end up on the sofa bed in DD's room with her. Then at about 2am, DS comes in and wants to get into bed with me and DD, but I send him in with DH.
    Bad case of musical beds at my place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to feel like that until we got a king size bed, it's the best purchase we have EVER made. I don't even know when DH is in bed now.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hubby and I sleep separate, when he is home the boys sleep with him and I just sleep with the baby, I haven't had one night of sleeping alone or with just hubby in 3 years. When hubby is away I sleep with all 3 kids for 2 weeks straight :S

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amesv View Post
    I used to feel like that until we got a king size bed, it's the best purchase we have EVER made. I don't even know when DH is in bed now.
    Same! I can reach my stumpy arms and legs out and still struggle to touch him best bed ever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not at all.
    I'm not as nice as you obviously as we've been in seperate beds since I got pregnant. (26 weeks now) I love it, and sure, the odd night that DH comes into my bed, I'm tossing and turning so much he gets very little decent sleep anyway.
    I tend to sleep diagonally across the bed, if I am let ,
    last night DH stayed up a little late and by the time he came to bed I was stretched diagonally across my bed, and DS was doing the same in his Dad's bed haha,he picked the smaller of the two to move.
    If you have a spare bed I would suggest, very nicely ,if either one of you could use it, it's not like you're suddenly going to get some sleep when baby is out so you need to try get some now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When DH is away for work (like right now) i love, love, love that i get the whole bed to myself and i was thrilled when DD2 started sleeping in her own cot (only a couple months ago) as i was just longing to be alone at night.
    When i was pregnant with DD2 i became really intolerant of DH's snoring and just sharing a bed in general so we slept in separate beds for most of the last half of my pregnancy - at first i felt a bit guilty but i just slept so much better on my own and sleep is important. I think it was hormones making me need to be alone because i did get over it and can now tolerate DH's snoring and sleep okay with him next to me but i'll be honest i do love the times i get the bed all to myself and i do sleep much better alone