+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default QLD C&K Kindy or Daycare Kindy Program, what's better?

I am not sure if this is in the right section but I am thinking about this in an educational way so thought this section would be better.

I just want to know what is better from an educational stance point? My daughter has been accepted into a C&K and I haven't really done much research!

If anyone has done the research or can let me know some pro's & cons of each or your experience that would be great!

Anyone elses little ones going to a C&K this year?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine is starts next week!
    I'm no help really as its all new to me too

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you have to pay a lot upfront? I have to pay $101 in a membership fee & a $250 enrolment deposit. I was just suprised at these fees because I only just found out she got in on Monday & when she started at Childcare there were no major fees.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it might be different actually. My boy is older and going into preschool/kindy (I'm confused by what they call it)
    We paid $100 to secure his spot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to the "open day" today & I can certainly tell the difference! So much more parent involvement, more teacher parent communication, teachers absolutely lovely & welcoming, vege patch & much more like a preschool feel than a day care. I really really liked it!!!

My daughter is going to love going with the same kids everyday & arriving leaving at the same time as all of the other kids & having the same teacher all the time.

YAY very excited for my daughter

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have our orientation tomorrow!
    I'm feeling so emotional lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a bit lost as well all I know I'd I like the idea of kindy better than a day care too mny different ages et...

My DD1 starts next Monday I just named everything and got all emotional.

We had to pay $5 to go on waiting list then $120 i think to secure the spot.

A friend of mine is send her child to a different kindy and they sent out the bill for the first term already $830 robe paid before 31 December last year.

The. Price is crazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    did my prac in a C&k and they are honestly amazing!! the kids there had such a great bond together being there 2/3 days together a week, teachers were amazing and fully qualified, amazing outdoor facilities mine had water fountain, bridges, pathways through forest, etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    The one my DD is going to is a bit run down, with weeds & overgrown vege patch but the teaching staff really impressed me! All daycares I have visited have been brand new & have lots of features but this place was basic, has clearly been around a while & the offices were disheveled. BUT as soon as we sat down and chatted as a group (parents with teacher) I was sold. So much more in depth & involved than daycare & I LOVE that! I have to volunteer in the classroom 5 days per year & I am looking forward to it. I always wanted to get more involved with daycare but to me it was always more a drop off & leave kind of arrangement (maybe just the center I went to or my own attitude though). My daughter felt right at home as well!

She starts Friday & we are both very excited. I think we will both like this better than the daycare system which we were both very iffy on. (She was in daycare from just after 1 year old to 3 & a bit).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah new sparkly rooms and toys never mean its a good centre that's what I love about c&ks they are just your ordinary kindys but the teaching staff are amazing and the kids just flourish. I also love the parent involved on prac one Indian girls mum came in and taught the kids how to cook curry was gorgeous !