ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nit removal service....

has anyone used a nit removal service? our 2.5 dd has got nits (eggs), i have tried various chemicals, olive oil, conditioner treatments and still there are more eggs!!!
    am wondering if these nit removal services are expensive or are they worth it, do they deliver? i have just had twins and finding it very difficult to find the time to manually get the eggs out let alone DD being co-operative for long!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a bad year last year with my DD getting nits I was forever doing her hair every day for awhile there with the comb and conditioner I have never used a service before so not sure how much they are I would just keeping going at home and do it as you can maybe ask your family to help by doing her hair its hard at time to get raid of them make sure you wash all brushes hair ties and bedding good luck hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Nope I haven't, but if you own a hair straightener use that, it kills the eggs, you need to get as close to the scalp as you can without burning your child. But it does work, also white vinegar is meant to strip the glue used to keep the eggs in place.. I haven't tried that, but I have used the hair straightener.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't either. I used a egg removing solution and white vinegar. It took me over a month of combing through every second day to get rid of them all. Unfortunately it is a long tedious process.

Love the straightener tip though! I won't need it though!