+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confused! - Cycles after coming of pill

Hi There,

Newbie here My husband (29) and me (26) have just starting ttc for baby #1 @ the start of this year.

I was on the pill for the past 3 months (having come off implanon implant which i had for 7 years) and i am a bit confused as to wear my cycle is at!

I started counting my cycle day one on the 04/01/12 as that is when i got my first AF after coming off the pill, now i am up to cycle day 12 and i have just received my AF again! I did buy a batch of ovulation tests and on cycle day 5-8 a faint second line had been appearing, but nothing solid. So is it possible that my cycles are all messed up from being on the pill and i was actually ovulation when i came off the pill? (FYI - I did finish my whole sheet)

This is all so new and confusing for me! If anyone has any information that could help, i would appreciate it!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds like your body is re-regulating itself which is totally normal after being on birth control.

I strongly recommend temperature charting as a way to understand what your body is doing and determine if you are actually ovulating or not. I came off the pill in Feb this year after being on it for 8 years and had no idea what I my body was doing. I start temp charting not long after that and it was the best thing I ever did as it helped me to pinpoint ovulation and fall pregnant.

I also know of ladies on here who have used temp charting and discovered that they were not ovulating at all (over a number of cycles) which meant they could seek fertility assistance much earlier.

Check out this website if you're interested http://www.fertilityfriend.com

BTW, I never ever got a positive ovulation test (OPK) when I was trying even though I was ovulating...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't quote me, but I read on a website that if you stop your pill half way thru packet, you can have a "come down" bleed , which isn't a real AF. If this is true, then maybe u got ur real AF when it would have been due??

Also from what I understand about OPKs, the hormone it tests for is always in your system, which is why it has to be quite a dark line to indicate a surge of the hormone. Again, don't quote me here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureMa View Post
    It sounds like your body is re-regulating itself which is totally normal after being on birth control.

I strongly recommend temperature charting as a way to understand what your body is doing and determine if you are actually ovulating or not. I came off the pill in Feb this year after being on it for 8 years and had no idea what I my body was doing. I start temp charting not long after that and it was the best thing I ever did as it helped me to pinpoint ovulation and fall pregnant.

I also know of ladies on here who have used temp charting and discovered that they were not ovulating at all (over a number of cycles) which meant they could seek fertility assistance much earlier.

Check out this website if you're interested http://www.fertilityfriend.com

BTW, I never ever got a positive ovulation test (OPK) when I was trying even though I was ovulating...

Thanks for the info, just checked out the website, looks very interesting! may have to go out and buy myself a basal thermometer shortly! It is quite unsettling not knowing what my body is doing and im the type of person who wants to have control of it all

It's kind of strange now (sorry for TMI) last night when i wiped i got streaks of blood and this morning was the same, looking at my pad this morning it doesnt seem to have bleed much, just the tinest bit of faint blood with a clear liquid and when i wiped just before only very light pink blood....ahhh this is all too confusing!

Hoping temp charting will help me understand what is going on !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut2011 View Post
    Don't quote me, but I read on a website that if you stop your pill half way thru packet, you can have a "come down" bleed , which isn't a real AF. If this is true, then maybe u got ur real AF when it would have been due??

Also from what I understand about OPKs, the hormone it tests for is always in your system, which is why it has to be quite a dark line to indicate a surge of the hormone. Again, don't quote me here!
    hmmm i finished my whole packet, but maybe it decided to happen anyways?!? So long on the pill/implanon i shouldnt be so suprised when weird things start to happen! My test where soooo light so i didnt believe i was O'ing, cant wait for my body to get back to normal !! Anyhoo lets hope lots of baby is around for all our next cycles! (thats when i figure out when mine is LOL)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkfluffyslippers View Post
    . So is it possible that my cycles are all messed up from being on the pill and i was actually ovulation when i came off the pill? (FYI - I did finish my whole sheet)
    Sorry, I didnt read this properly - i read DID as DIDN'T!! :-S

Good luck anyway :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine was all over the place when I came off pill last year. I started using iperiod app and logging when it came. After two cycles it settled down. I did have AF only two weeks apart after the pill but it sorted itself out. I don't know when I was ovulating but we fell pregnant pretty quick.
    Good luck to you!!! I wouldn't worry too much unless it doesn't become regular for a while (assuming you were always regular prior to birth control).
    😊