+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Making room for baby no 2 - Help?

So i have just found out about attachment parenting, and apparanlty its how we araised our DD, who is 5.

We have told her about the new baby, even though im only 7 weeks, but she has seen the preveious miscarriages and i didnt want her to worry about me throwing up all the time.

She still wants to sleep with me at night, or her dad, she goes to sleep in her own room and some time through the night will climb in with us, and DH will sleep in her bed, he says its easier, and does not like to upset her. Im ususllay dead to the world and never even notice, lol.

So how am i going to explain to her that she cant sleep with me but the new baby can, and will, although not every night all night?

I am pretty worried about it, she already had a little cry and said we wont love her cause we will have the new baby and no time for her, it broke my heart.

She understands we will always love her and make time for her but you know kids.

OffwiththePixies is offline I'm Jaz, and I'm off with the pixies all the time!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no advice but will be following this closely. My DD is just about to turn 3 and does *exactly* what your DD does, goes to sleep then at some point comes in and climbs over me or DF into the middle and passes out...

I have tried to explain to her that the baby will need to sleep near mummy because the baby needs to have lots of drinks overnight and mummy will be feeding the baby. I told her that the baby will cry a lot at night and might keep her awake if she sleeps in with me and she will be tired etc... She just said 'our baby won't cry because I'll cuddle her' lol. Gorgeous, but hardly realistic!

IF you come up with anything that works please let me know!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OffwiththePixies For This Useful Post:

lonni  (17-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last noght she wandered from her room to ours while i was up and i noticed she sleep walks to our room, which explains why she thinks going to sleep in her room and waking up in ours is so funny.

Maybe if i can break the habit there wont be too much of a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can your DH sleep with your 5 y.o (when she needs it) and you have the bub in with you?

You have a few months to help make the adjustments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just started having my DH with DD last night, both sqished into her single bed.

We moved her after she came through to our room and she seemed quite content, although DH went to work at 6 and she came through to me, which i dont mind, i like a few hours cuddle time, since its hollidays and we sleep in till 8.

Im thinking that might be the way to go, wean her off and eventually she will not feel the need to come through to us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We gave our 2 year old ds a queen bed and had Dh room in with him when needed from when I was about 5 months pg. Worked well and we still do it though she is 5 months now. Sort of like the boys room and the girls room not very romantic but it's more important to me that my kids feel secure

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bambibambino For This Useful Post:

lonni  (17-01-2012)