+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Super painful period pain!

Hi ladies...

Currently curled in a ball next to tears due to what I think is period pain..

I have NEVER had it this bad. I don't know what to do. I had 2 nurofen about 30mins ago and they haven't even touched the sides. It's occasionally making me nauseas and clammy.

What other options do I have? I have never had naprogesic before- will that help? How do I know this is just period pain and nothing is wrong?

I am on CD1 but am not even bleeding enough yet to use a tampon. I keep thinking very soon it will be super heavy, but nothing yet. It almost feels as if it's 'blocked' and that's why it is so painful- is that possible? Could there be a large clot causing the pain? Usually I don't get period pain until day 2 when it is heavier and even then it doesn't stop me from doing anything- this literally has me curled in a ball rocking and squirming trying to get comfortable.

Help me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Mersyndol is a god send

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Hokey. Can I get it from the chemist over the counter? Any side effects?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post
    How do I know this is just period pain and nothing is wrong?
    You don't that why we go to the Dr's or if its gets to this point the hospital

Don't self medicate if you have NEVER been this bad you body may be telling you something is wrong listen to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post
    Thanks Hokey. Can I get it from the chemist over the counter? Any side effects?

Yes you can you just need to ask for it, is has codeine and a calmative in it. I take it myself and find it helps alot. But if this is not normal for you perhaps you should see the GP maybe it is cysts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Occasionally I get Killer period pain, this is what I do.

Water + nurofen plus (make sure you eat with the codeine)

Get you pillow and quilt and go lay on the tiled or cold floor, with your tummy down on the cold floor, you can wrap the other bits of you up so you don't get too cold.

Don't know but something about the coldness of the floor helps me, I might just be crazy though.

Also, my pain is ALWAYS worse on the first day...It bites!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ummm if hte pain is that bad that you are nauseated, curled in a ball and clammy and have never had pain this bad before you need to go to a hospital. NOW.

This pain is out of character for you. You need it checked today, NOW.

Is there a chance you could be pregnant? It could be a lot of things.

GO TO THE HOSPITAL
    Last edited by Hullabalu; 15-01-2012 at 14:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree Luey. As you are TTC (if I remember rightly!) it might be ectopic so go to the hospital to be on the safe side.
    Hope you feel better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. It has since stopped (well significantly reduced in severity!) THANK GOODNESS. I don't know how much longer I could have handled it.

Luey it was at the point where I was wondering when do I see someone?! I just wasnt sure if they would laugh and turn me away though because it was just period pain. It was very uncharacteristic for me, but everything has been a bit strange and new in my cycles over the last 12 months. I have been recently diagnosed with PCOS and we are TTC, I am taking metformin and my cycles are just starting to normalise. my periods are now heavier than they ever were, and clots were more apparent. I also get more period pain but still not bad and usually not till day 2 or 3 when the flow had really set in. after 10 years on the pill though, who knows what is normal anymore!

I dont think that I could be pregnant because AF turned up as expected this weekend, after many BFN this week. I thought about the possibility of a cyst but would have thought that would be more of a stabbing, localized paid on either side? This was definitely an achey feel, just severe! Are there any other signs that a cyst has burst? And anything that needs to be done if it has?

Cold floor is an excellent idea! I couldn't find the hot water bottle but it is a bit hot for that too. Will def keep cold floor in mind if it happens again.

I really appreciate all the advice! Its nice to be able to consult our fellow hubbers. I dont know how people deal with severe cramps every month it was awful. I told DH I imagine it would feel like when he has been hit in the balls but prolonged! He still thinks that it would have had nothing on that but I disagree- boys!