+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bed rails?

Can anyone recommend a bed rail for me please?

I'm getting DS's big boy room ready and want a bed rail, but his mattress seems to sit 'in' the bed frame, and all the bed rails I can find slot under the mattress and stick out a little, if that makes sense?!? Our mattress nests in the frame about 3cm and sits quite snug. Can anyone recommend a brand or an alternative? (and attaching wooden rails isn't an option unfortunately)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumpity bump bump....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My kids bed was the same I used the target brand one it kind of squished in there - it was supposed to be able to fold down but as it was squished in it didn't.
    As DD was young (13 months) and DS younger (8 months) when they went into single beds it seemed better to squash the mattress slightly than have them fall out.
    Once they had been in the bed for a while I took it off and used a beach towel (rolled lengthways) tucked under the fitted sheet to remind them where the edge was, could you try that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, great idea with the towel, I will definitely use that once he gets used to being in the bed. In the meantime, I will go and checkout target tomorrow, and hopefully the mattress will squish enough for it to fit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we have a baby dan wooden bedrail and it works great with DD's slat base bed and fits in great but still snug

Thanks
    Reviews
    We didbt use a tail but used the towel under the mattress (2 actually)She has never fallen outWe now use a toddler pillow along the edge of the bed and shes fineOnce they find the bed boundary they ate fine even if they fall out a few times I put a mattress on the floor just incase but have removed it now

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used a rail on the wall side only as DS didn't like being 'scloed in'. The rail on the wall side was because there was a big gap and I didn't want any entrapment issues as he was only 18months? When he went into the bed.
    I used a big foam mattress and the cot mattress on teh floor so he could get into bed - was like a step. It also was a bit of reassurance that he would have less distance to fall if he did fall out.

I have seen 'air tube' things that go on the mattress that inflate and would prevent a child from rolling out