+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    how bad does an abdominal seperation have to be, for repair surgery to be covered by Medicare?

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    how bad does an abdominal seperation have to be, for repair surgery to be covered by Medicare?
    mine is 4 cm (down from 9cm) and I did physio twice a day for 18 months to get that result

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    SIL is size 8 and has had 5 csections, she's only ever been all baby, but the scar tissue creates this lip that wouldn't be there without having had a csection.
    Yeah I know women who are super thin but cannot move the overhang from their c/section. The only women I know with a overhang that isn't from a c/s are all overweight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Yeah I know women who are super thin but cannot move the overhang from their c/section. The only women I know with a overhang that isn't from a c/s are all overweight.
    I have an overhang and had it even when I had a thyroid disorder that had me so skinny someone said I looked like I had cancer.

Eta: I had a VB

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has anyone ever thought about asking your Ob if he/she would be willing to cut a bit of excess skin out immediately after the c-sec?

I know of one country ob who is willing to do this for my sister with her final baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    The reason for the 'overhang' on anyone, has nothing to do with using your stomach muscles enough, or about having had a c-section. The reason for the apron is just due to the way a persons skin reacts to trauma (stretching is the trauma in this instance). Much the same as people scar differently when an incision is made, a person's skin regains elasticity differently too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (18-01-2012)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LibranTwin View Post
    Has anyone ever thought about asking your Ob if he/she would be willing to cut a bit of excess skin out immediately after the c-sec?

I know of one country ob who is willing to do this for my sister with her final baby
    I'd be interested whether she'd be paying for it though. As I quoted earlier - Medicare does not cover abdominoplasty when it's performed within 12months of the last pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    No she doesn't have to pay for it he's willing to do it for free for her last pregnancy. I googled a bit and other Ob's have done this too, like a mini tummy tuck, very conservative, generally not extending the length of the scar and taking about 1 inch of skin either side. It's not a real tummy tuck, but better than nothing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdj1234 View Post
    The reason for the 'overhang' on anyone, has nothing to do with using your stomach muscles enough, or about having had a c-section. The reason for the apron is just due to the way a persons skin reacts to trauma (stretching is the trauma in this instance). Much the same as people scar differently when an incision is made, a person's skin regains elasticity differently too.
    My grandma, mum and I all suffer an over hang and all of us had VB.

My mum still to this day would love a tummy tuck, her over hang has always effected how she felt about herself.

I am the same about mine, I am currently back to a size 10 and the over hang looks worse than ever, I hate it, I almost look better fat so it fills out.

And I have also heard of obs removing a little extra if requested so as to help the over hang.