+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Where do I find out about the donor sibling registry? My donor was QLD, is it national or state run? I would love to meet some of DDs siblings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just googled it and found the American one that covers Australia too, I assume that's the only one?

What I did find on that website is my DD has a big sister!!! I had a little teary when I saw that. Left her a message (the mum) but she hasn't used the site since 2006. I hope she gets in contact.

Anyone else have any other ideas in how to find donor siblings?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    ACT law has the child having the right to access basic info of the donor at the age of 18. There is provision for medical reasons that information will be available for the health of any off srping. Donor is limited to 5 families so multple siblings from 1 mother counts towards 1 of the 5 allowed.
    I am using o/s sperm and it was optional for the donor to be made known, so I made sure i picked one who was consenting to this at age 18 of the child. wopuld love to know if it is possible to have earlier contact with australian donors, my FC didnt indicate this (but there were only 3 to choose from locally).

Goldie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found another site which is American but there are heaps of ppl all over that have posted on there i can't remember what it was!!!!!
    Your so lucky to find someone on the sibling donor registry at least you have got a lead lol. I'm thinking of just telling ppl my donor on here like a forum but of course I have to talk with my partner first.
    And as for the family limit thing, its different in every country!!!!!! My donor reached his limit in America. I've seen his sperm being advertised thru a Canadian clinic and then ofcourse Australia thru qfg. I know he hadn't reached the limit in Canada and when we bought our stuff obviously he was still available.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry wrong one :s

The good one is : www.amfor.net/DonorOffspring/

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've read a lot of articles referencing this site as the pioneer for connecting donor siblings: https://www.donorsiblingregistry.com

Elestrial is offline recognising possibilities again. Thank you God!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Donation made yesterday

We are using a known donor (BIL) and have discussed how we will go about telling anyone we conceive. I have always said we would need for the baby to know they were a donor baby from very early on,but it might take more time to know who the donor is. Obviously the donor will always be Uncle A, so will be involved/have contact, but we are trying to be clear about what those boundaries are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've recently conceived via egg donation (SIL). I've already told my bub how he/she was conceived . Our family knows and our friends will know soon enough too. We would like to make it 'normal'.

Our donor will be known as the bub's 'special aunty' and we plan to feature her in the baby's photo album. Her kids will know but they will be strictly only cousins (not half brothers/sisters).

I have a foster child (five years old) and the more she knows about her situation the better off she seems to feel - emotionally. She is able to understand difficult information as long as we take the time to explain things to her. Before she came into our care, her situation was always covered up and she recently thanked me for telling the truth and talking through her worries with her. My experience with her encourages me even more to be honest and open with my child.

Our donor will have no more or less contact with our child than she would of had with a child that was not conceived with her eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    are you in brisbane ?