+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default We have found a potential traditional surrogate!

My apologies for not posting in awhile, but we got busy with life and I would
    forget to check in here.

As the title says, we have found a potential TS! At the moment we are talking over the phone and next we will do video chats. Once we all feel comfortable with each other, we will fly to WA to meet her and hopefully do the at home in sems.

There are two hurdles that we need to find a way to overcome. She is 23 and lives in WA and we live in TAS. WA surrogacy laws state that the surrogate has to be at least 25 and the IPs must be residents of WA. We contacted Stephen Page, Queensland surrogacy lawyer, about our situation. He is extremely knowledgeable on the surrogacy laws in every state. In his email he said, "I can give you advice about the laws in each place and how to proceed to enable your baby to be born." So, that seems promising. He said to have a list of questions prepared for our one hour phone consultation. That one hour will cost $500! We want to be sure we ask every question we can think of, so that when we end the conversation we are very clear about a plan and are very informed about the whole process. We do have a few questions on the list, but would like input from others that have already been through the process. What questions should we add to our list?

Does anyone have personal experience of using Stephen Page as a lawyer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Moonbreeze- how are you going on your journey? I just wanted to give you some information. I was recently approved for TS by the RTC in WA and have found a clinic that will help us. Not an IVF clinic , as they still are very reticent with TS, but the Keogh Institute for Medical Research in Nedlands will do IUI. We did our first round last Friday, awaiting beta 13th July. I doubt they are advertising their services as this is all so new, but if you need to go this route, give Peta the receptionist a call.