+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    So what do dentists generally charge for the first few "fun/familiarity" check ups? I'll be damned if i'm paying $70 for a dentist to touch and count his teeth
    For every dentist I have worked with they charge about $40 and as a pp said most comes back on health fund.

However if you take the child in while you are having an exam/clean etc then the denitst will more then likely give a check up, a ride on the chair and a sticker etc for "fun and familurizing" purpose. Then they don't normally charge (I havent seen it done yet) as its not only in favour for the child but the dentist aswell becasue children less fearful of a dentist is much more practical for dental work to be carried out then a child who is affraid. In this case it will be a quick check (exam) and no more.

Young children don't need a clean, the dentist however may give them a polish but thats it unless work is needed.
    Last edited by 1CrazyMoose; 14-03-2012 at 10:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad i saw this post. DS has just turned 1, teething with molars Atm. I was googling (as we do) to find out when their first checkup should be. Most sites said first by 1yr old. I cant imagine my DS staying still in a chair or letting the dentist check his teeth. Hubby has a dentist app coming up so might do what a few of you hav suggested & get him to go to familiarise (and hopefully not get scared of dentists like me lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took DD yearly from 1-3 years old and six monthly thereafter.

DS will be the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really should take my 2 year old, but he's already terrified of medical staff/drs/hospitals etc and I'm pretty sure he only be opening his mouth to scream!

We don't even have a dentist to be honest, I haven't been for years!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad i saw this post. DS has just turned 1, teething with molars Atm. I was googling (as we do) to find out when their first checkup should be. Most sites said first by 1yr old. I cant imagine my DS staying still in a chair or letting the dentist check his teeth. Hubby has a dentist app coming up so might do what a few of you hav suggested & get him to go to familiarise (and hopefully not get scared of dentists like me lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    the dentist visits our primary schools. i recently got a letter from my daughters school (shes in preprimary) asking permission for her to be seen by one. she thought it was great. she got a little toothbrush/toothpaste pack, an activity book n a chart where you tick off when you brush your teeth