+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lilac, with my first bubs, we wasted our time doing IUIs when we should really have gone straight to IVF. We have "unexplained infertility", so no real reason why we couldn't fall pregnant, but due to being in my late 30's with first bubs, doc suggested to go straight into assisted fertility. Our first IVF cycle was a bit of a test run and after collecting 15 eggs, sadly only one fertilised.... we were in shock, but, I still don't really know why to this day they didn't just do ICSI first up, but they didn't and that's why only one embryo fertilised. Second IVF was cancelled as I think I only had 6 follicles and FS felt it would be better to leave it after having 15 eggs collected first cycle, so we did and then on the 3rd cycle fell pregnant, so minus the IUI, not too bad for our first time round with IVF..... though it didn't feel like it at the time.

This second round has just been alot of bad luck as I did fall pregnant the very first time we tried for our second bubs. A natural FET with our last frozen embryo and I got a BFP and numbers were rising well, but sadly when I went in for my 6 week scan, FS couldn't find the heartbeat where it should have been and saw something flickering off to the right and my poor little embie had got stuck in my right fallopian tube so had to be removed before it grew and burst my tube. Since then I've had one chem pregnancy and 2 BFNs, so my poor old body is probably a bit weary. Anyway, I still hold out hope, despite being a little older that we will eventually get there. I just have to be patient. It's a little bit like most things when you get older, they get a little bit slower and things take just that little bit longer to do. So I'm still hanging in there and will just keep trying until I lose hope. I know many women younger than me that have had to try so many more times than me and they do eventually get there, you've just got to find a way to stay sane. Having said that, I'm sure you won't be taking the long road to getting your first IVF bubs. I have a good feeling about your FET!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alittleray For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Littleray, thanks for sharing your story. yes i have heard that many women try the IUI thing before IVF without any success. You are so right about things taking longer when you are older. I am 34 and I really wish we had started trying to TTC a few years ago rather than waiting till last year. we went straight to ICSI because it turns out my DH has very low sperm count and motility. I don't have any problems well so the FS tells me. We were able to get good fertilization as 15/15 of our embies grew but in the end only 5 were top blastocysts.
    I guess I am worried that I really did have a total implantation failure. I don't know if I was just imagining it but about 3 days after the ET I really felt nothing. all my progesterone symptoms had completely disappeared (and this is despite having had mild ohss symptoms only days prior). And of course the fact my period came very early is very odd...I suppose I am getting ahead of myself but I am wondering whether my estradiol levels were too high for implantation to happen. They were very high at CD8 from the elonva and I no one told me whether they went down after EPU. Anyways sorry to rant on! I really should just pass this theory by my FS when I see him later this month.
    You are right though much of this stuff is really about luck - good luck and bad Well i hope for you this cycle is the one that brings you your second little miracle

Motherwillbe and Rabecah....how are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Just a quick one from me. Have bt tommorrow and with no sign of af yet I'm quietly confident although don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. My fingers are crossed and I'm praying!!!

Will write properly tomorrow.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi motherwillbe oh wow you are definitely in with a good chance . You have such strong will about holding out on POAS . I would have caved in by now . Good luck and I can't wait to hear your good news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Well I'm thrilled to let u know I got my bfp today

I still can't believe it. I guess until I have my 12 week scan I won't be too relaxed.

Lillac I really hope u get your bfp soon. Please keep me posted on your progress.

A little ray I hope u are also close to ur successful outcome.

This whole fertility ride is exaughsting with mixed emotions wins and loses. With a little persistence all our patience will pay off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi motherwillbe OMG that is amazing news . I had a feeling I would see your BFP when I logged in today . Congratulations and keep positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lillac. I'm still in shock. Have to go back for another bt next week just to make sure my levels are rising. I will be more excited once I know everything is going to plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Motherwillbe, that is just wonderful news , i'm so happy for you. Can't wait to hear that those lovely levels are rising when you post next week.

Just curious as to how many cycles this has been for you with Elonva? I had my scan today and all systems go for EPU on Friday. Cycle number 6 second time round for me so would be nice to think this might be the one. Let's hooe your BFP starts to rub off on Lilac and I.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A little ray this was my first icsi cycle. Prior to that I did 2 iui cycles with no success. I got 11 eggs on EPU, 8 that were mature and all 8 fertilsed. Only 2 made it to day 5 blastocyst stage so I have one on ice as well.

Good luck ladies and keep us posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Motherwillbe, how are you feeling? Any signs of morning sickness yet?

Lilac, how are you doing?

Had EPU yesterday, so now the nervous wait for phone call tomorrow to confirm transfer time for Monday. Very sore this time around. Normally not this sore after EPU and now feel like I'm coming down with something. Grrr. Anyway, here's hoping I'm PUPO on Monday and that some of your baby dust rubs off on me Motherwillbe