+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Sutherland public hosp birth experience?

As the title suggests, can anyone share their experience at this hospital? Was the care good? Middies- great or so so? Rooms? Birth suites? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am 36 weeks going through Sutherland at the moment. Midwives are lovely. I am seeing Dr Been the head OB due to a high risk pregnancy and he is fantastic also. I have received excellent care so far. I am booked for an.elective c section after previous birth trauma and everyone has been supportive of my decision nobody tried to push me at all into natural or c section.

The rooms are much nicer than st George where I had ds. They have 10 single rooms and 5 double rooms I think. If you are in a single your OH can stay over with you and they provide a mattress/fold out couch. Chances are you will be in a room by yourself. The delivery suite is also very nice. Baths in every room and double beds in two of the rooms. (they have 5 birthing rooms). I was admitted overnight a few days ago and got a private room. They do ward tours every Saturday at 2 or 3 pm can't remember but it was great saw the delivery suite, maternity ward, special care nursery, bathing area for babies etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds good- thanks for your reply