+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cravings - whos got what and when?

Just wanted to hear about your cravings, any weird ones out there and when you started getting them.

with my first full term pregnency i craved tinned peaches, its pretty much the only thing i ate, i had all day morning sickness the whole pregnancy, and they started at about 12 weeks.

What about you guys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At the start of my pregnancy felt sick thinking about cake icing.. Weird lol but craved sausages. Then at about 36 weeks onwards I craved pineapple and ham. I had to have it on grilled sandwiches and pizza. And ice used to have a big cup before bed everynight. Even chewed on it in labour.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This pregnancy it's ice and lemon juice. Frosty fruit icypoles are also good. A friend told me that ice cravings can be an indication of iron deficiency, which I knew I had fairly low levels of. Vitamin C helps you absorb iron.

I have started taking an iron tablet and vitamin c tablet at bedtime (as well as a laxative because I can't take iron without one) and I find my cravings have decreased and I am feeling less tired.

I often think that cravings are the body's way of getting something it needs. I craved dairy in my last pregnancy, but am taking calcium this time around and haven't even felt like dairy.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    During my first pregnancy I didn't crave until mid-late pregnancy and it was ICE! And icy-poles.. I would easily chomp my way through a box of 20 or more icy-poles a DAY. I also could not get enough of the steam in the shower either, I'd inhale so deeply to breathe it in; and ice cold water.. I remember filling up big cups of plain ice cubes and absolutely loving the crunch as I ate them The day I came home with DS from the hospital I still had some icy-poles in the freezer and tried eating one.. it had absolutely no effect on me at all and I couldn't even finish eating it. So strange how strong the cravings can come on so randomly and suddenly disappear once you have the baby!
    With this pregnancy, I found myself wanting (I wouldn't say it's a strong craving as yet) fresh fruit/raw vegies.. even in the days before I did the HPT I couldn't stop thinking about eating a red capsicum, (I never eat them) and went out and bought some, chopped them up with carrot and at them raw.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @ Opinionated: I didn't read your post above mine until after I posted.. didn't know that craving ice had anything to do with low iron levels; interesting..
    I'm on a good multi vitamin this time around so hoping I have it covered

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a craving for cheese from before I even knew I was pregnant. It was so strong and I ate cheese every day of my pregnancy. Now I probably eat cheese twice a week - not a big deal now. I also craved ice from about halfway and that didn't stop until I gave birth. The strangest thing was I had a craving for chocolate when I was breastfeeding. I HAD to have it everyday but the craving disappeared when I stopped breastfeeding thank god!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beetroot! I've craved it in all my pregnancies even the m/c's! Before I even found out I was pg with DD I craved a hotdog (the ones with the red Frankfurter sausage) with tomato sauce and I got the lady at the lunch bar to put beetroot in it! LOL one week later I got my BFP at 6 and a half weeks.

I have beetroot with everything at the moment. I'm eating it everyday. Beetroot is very high in folate so I take it as a good thing!

Also in late pregnancy I craved tinned pineapple. I would eat a tin sometimes two per day. Once DD was born I had tins of pineapple in the fridge that were left for months coz as a pp said, suddenly my cravings for it were just switched off LOL

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's funny you mention icy poles, I have been eating about 5 a day, home Made ones with juice, and my iron levels are always a little low. I kind of put it to the weather or even Pam's, I only found out I was pregnant two days ago.

I have also been wanting potatoes, mashed, jacket, boiled, doe not matter I want it, lol. I didn't think cravings came this early, 5 and a bit weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ICE ICE ICE , I can't get enough!!!
    I have eaten a 4 kg bag in 5 days!!!! I craved it with my other girls but not with my ds!!!
    The mw told me that my red blood cell count is down a bit and that could be why I want the ice!!! She looked up bloods from my previous pregnancies to discover it was around the same with my girls but not with ds!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first pregnancy I didn't really crave much of anything really had a thing for chocolate bars as it made my sickness at 6 in the morning go away so I was eating Mars bars for breakfast lol and had a thing for pickles but with this one which is twins all I want is vegetables and fruit that's it I can't stand fast food like Maccas or hungry jacks only thing I get for fast food is KFC nuggets or a twister as it seems healthy to me lol