ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 2 1/4 year old asking to see Grandfathers privates

My son did this completely out of any context. And also offered to show him his. I can't stop thinking about it. He is not in any kind of daycare and is very rarely not with me or DH.

Does this mean anything?

I feel sick just thinking of what it could mean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is curious does he ever get to see naked bodies other than his own? Doesn't sound like something I'd be overly concerned about sounds like he is exploring things

How did you respond?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Has he seen your partner naked?

Perhaps he's realised that his and his father's look different (Dad's is hairy and bigger, etc), and is wondering if his grandfathers looks different again.

I would assume it's simply curiosity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope my son of the same age asked to see my mums giant 'vagina' he's just curious don't worry about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kids say the weirdest things. Their private parts are fasinsting to them.

Is there any change in his behaviour? Where you there when he said it?

Whatever you do don't turn it into a negative thing. You don't want to turn his bits into something negative and something that is not spoken about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not necessarily the same I know but similar, both my children had a fascination with belly buttons at that age, my dd in particular would want to look at all and sundries belly button and would offer up 'exchange views'.
    Just curious I would suggest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Jasper OFTEN comes up to me specifically to show me his super awesome amazing willy. And I'm constantly telling him to put it away! Now I'm pretty sure he does it because it annoys me, but yeah. My experience has been my little boy thinks his penis is da bomb and everyone need to see it. :-/

Also around 18 months DF started having to shower with under pants on with jasper because jasper became a little 'handsy'. So yeah from 18 months Jasper's been super interested in other peoples body parts.

It wasn't until he was 2ish he pointed at my groin, laughed and said 'wee wee gone' lol. poor mummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too would think just pure curiosity. I remember DS showering with FIL at his first sleepover and asking questions of FIL's privates - was the last time he showered in the raw with DS as it made him feel uncomfortable. DS never asked my Dad about anything like that but to be honest my Dad isn't probably as easy going and approachable like FIL is so just wouldn't.

I don't think it is anything to be concerned about, more simply curiosity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definately lots of nuddy time, he and Dh share the odd shower etc. I know he has seen his grandpa use the toilet plenty of times and I wouldn't worry in the slightest if it had happened somewhat in context.

As it was they were walking around a golf course my dad was a little surprised but obliged with a quick peek. As you do on a golf course

Okay, so seems normal? Will try not to worry then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambibambino View Post
    Definately lots of nuddy time, he and Dh share the odd shower etc. I know he has seen his grandpa use the toilet plenty of times and I wouldn't worry in the slightest if it had happened somewhat in context.

As it was they were walking around a golf course my dad was a little surprised but obliged with a quick peek. As you do on a golf course

Okay, so seems normal? Will try not to worry then

Sorry, what? Your dad showed him his penis on a golf course?
    I'm sure i got the wrong end of the stick there
    But your son sounds like a curious, clever little boy, i wouldn't be worried at all