+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Honestly? I don't judge at all - I used to be the same. I have discovered that keeping an organised, tidy house keeps me calm and focused. I become anxious and stressed if my house is a shambles. It reflects upon my kids, my mind, my whole life.

I really dislike the statement that people who are organised and 'clean' don't spend quality time with their children. In fact, it really irritates me.

Speaking from my personal experience, I spend *more* quality time with my children when I keep an organised house - because my head is in the right place, I have more time (yes, once you get into the habit of it all you save time due to efficiency, even if it seems like it takes a lot of time) and I'm happier all around.

Some times my house is crazy - there are days when I cbf doing anything - I might get caught up painting with DS, or I might decide to go shopping instead of cleaning. Or just lay on the couch all day. I don't let it bother me. I try not to sweat the small stuff, and just do what works for me, as everyone should

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Areca  (02-01-2012),Gothel  (03-01-2012),Guest1234  (03-01-2012),Niki24  (03-01-2012),Sparklydreamer  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I should add, this doesn't mean I don't go into places and mentally organise things...because I do It's a guilty pleasure (lame person over here!!!). BUT if it's untidy/messy, I don't walk in think "Farrk, what a pig"!
    Last edited by Witwicky; 02-01-2012 at 19:53.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh yes and I second (or third?) the filthy comment. It's not ok to live unhygienically, where health can be affected. I would definitely refuse a cup of tea at houses like that

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't judge messy houses but if someone I knew had a dirty and unhygienic home then I'd not visit often and definitely not with my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I really dislike the statement that people who are organised and 'clean' don't spend quality time with their children. In fact, it really irritates me.

Speaking from my personal experience, I spend *more* quality time with my children when I keep an organised house - because my head is in the right place, I have more time (yes, once you get into the habit of it all you save time due to efficiency, even if it seems like it takes a lot of time) and I'm happier all around.
    Sorry I think you read more into that comment than I intended.

All I was saying is that I sometimes wish that I, personally, could just let some stuff go around the house, because some of the time I spend cleaning I could be spending with dd instead.

I am also in a much better head space to enjoy time with dd if I don't have certain chores hanging over my head.

Olive branch

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mettie For This Useful Post:

Areca  (02-01-2012),Witwicky  (02-01-2012)

Farmerwife is offline Excited & Nervous about being a mum for the first time in August :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a complete neat freak. I've been described as a bit OCD before but it's only in my own environment. I would panic if anyone came over & saw dishes drying in the dish rack. Clean, just not put away yet. I do realise this is a bit ridiculous but I can't help it. However if I visit someone else I wouldn't even notice if the dishes were washed or not or clothes put away or toys out. If I do notice it actually relaxes me, makes me feel like it's ok to not have the house perfect. All. The. Time!

Obviously filth (waste, serious mould, unhygienic living) is a bit beyond me but I would try not to judge & see if I could find out why they live like that (maybe depressed etc) & try to help them if I can.

I hope when I have children I will be able to say it doesn't matter if the floors aren't mopped they are having fun playing & I am going to join them!

I need my house to be clean but I know family time is more important.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmerwife View Post
    I'm a complete neat freak. I've been described as a bit OCD before but it's only in my own environment. I would panic if anyone came over & saw dishes drying in the dish rack. Clean, just not put away yet. I do realise this is a bit ridiculous but I can't help it. However if I visit someone else I wouldn't even notice if the dishes were washed or not or clothes put away or toys out. If I do notice it actually relaxes me, makes me feel like it's ok to not have the house perfect. All. The. Time!

Obviously filth (waste, serious mould, unhygienic living) is a bit beyond me but I would try not to judge & see if I could find out why they live like that (maybe depressed etc) & try to help them if I can.

I hope when I have children I will be able to say it doesn't matter if the floors aren't mopped they are having fun playing & I am going to join them!

I need my house to be clean but I know family time is more important.
    same here. that said our house is a bombsite after visitor and a sick baby

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly? I don't judge at all - I used to be the same. I have discovered that keeping an organised, tidy house keeps me calm and focused. I become anxious and stressed if my house is a shambles. It reflects upon my kids, my mind, my whole life.
    Oh Witwicky, you give me hope that I can change my ways. I often think that if I just had more space I would be much better but there is always that fear that I will just acquire more stuff.

Oh and I would just like to add that my house is messy, not filthy.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

naebie  (03-01-2012),Witwicky  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah28 View Post
    I am a major eat freak, and am always paranoid that people will judge me if I have things out of place, but when I go to friend's houses etc, then I honestly don't even notice!

As a PP has said above, though, messy is fine... Dirty is not!
    This is me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Some times my house is crazy - there are days when I cbf doing anything - I might get caught up painting with DS, or I might decide to go shopping instead of cleaning. Or just lay on the couch all day. I don't let it bother me. I try not to sweat the small stuff, and just do what works for me, as everyone should
    This!!! I'm exactly the same!

I get light hearted jokes thrown at me about having 'OCD' and being too clean. But I'm not. I just cannot handle the stress is causes me otherwise. I do a bit here and there each day. So I'm never cleaning all day, everyday. Minus the washing, washing up etc that I do do every day :P I feel in control when things are done, and sorted. I enjoy my time with my family so much more, especially any free time I get after the kids are in bed. My children have my undivided attention when I spend time with them, (most of the time) as I'm not worrying about what else I should/could be doing. Or need to do later etc, etc.

I don't judge others. Unless their house is quite unhygienic to be honest.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to higgleandgoot For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (02-01-2012)