+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Which brings me back to my first point - if the products really are THAT great, why does rarely anyone use them? I mean, when I speak to people about amway, they have either never heard of it or they immediately get freaked out. I don't know anyone, save for my Step-mother, who uses them continually. I think most people who continually use amway products are people like her, trying to make their passive residual income through amway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    which ever way you look at it its selling of a product, some people are good at that, some people are not and come across as pushie creeps. Amyway products are all environmentally friendly and their packaging has been biodegradable ever since I can remember. They are a high quality product and that always comes with a premium. As i have said in a previous thread, my mother sells Amway, she has done since the early nineties, she sells to friends and family for the price she pays for it as she believes in the product, and she doesnt have to make any money coz she's rich anyway. I use their washing powder and a box of that which costs around $80 will last my family of 2 for over a year. I live rurally so I have to consider what I use in my washing machine goes into my land, I have yet to find a product that compares to the SA8 in regards to this. I look at all these mothers at the supermarket with their massive boxes of Omo in their trolleys every week and think 'if only you knew'. Unless you have tried the Amway products for yourself then I dont think you are in any position to judge. Oh and their disinfectant is the only chemical that goes into my toilet system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have tried some of the products. My step-mum sold them to me So I feel okay wearing my McJudgey hat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Which brings me back to my first point - if the products really are THAT great, why does rarely anyone use them? I mean, when I speak to people about amway, they have either never heard of it or they immediately get freaked out. I don't know anyone, save for my Step-mother, who uses them continually. I think most people who continually use amway products are people like her, trying to make their passive residual income through amway.
    I guess because of the stigma many people run without trying them, or they think its to big of an investment to make so keep wasting money buying their usual products, or they are in the habit of buying their usual product and are scared of change, or they dont care about the environment at all.

I use amway but I dont walk around with a badge on my shirt telling everyone about it! DO you ask everyone you know what sort of cleaning products they use? Weird

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    yeh same, the ppl i know who use them continually have been sellers over the past and generally 'recruited' ppl or attempted to recruit ppl.

I think ppl just don't like feeling 'recruited' and it puts them on the back foot to begin with regardless of waht the product it. The products isn't GOOD ENOUGH for ppl to sign up to the whole system. Why should I have to pay $65 to join the pipeline in order ot purchase the products that I hear is pretty good. Plus it is sooooooooo expensive!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Amway has failed/scared ppl and would do much better if it was branded along the lines of Tupperware/Enjo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
    DO you ask everyone you know what sort of cleaning products they use? Weird
    Hehe.

No, but I do discuss the products in general with people in conversation (mostly with other Mum's). Amway has negatively impacted my life on a personal level, hence my opinion. I have delved to find that this has happened to a lot of other people as well (which is also evident just from reading this thread). I find the whole thing bizarre, and consequently, very interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    yeh same, the ppl i know who use them continually have been sellers over the past and generally 'recruited' ppl or attempted to recruit ppl.

I think ppl just don't like feeling 'recruited' and it puts them on the back foot to begin with regardless of waht the product it. The products isn't GOOD ENOUGH for ppl to sign up to the whole system. Why should I have to pay $65 to join the pipeline in order ot purchase the products that I hear is pretty good. Plus it is sooooooooo expensive!!!
    Exactly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly!
    Maybe thats where the 'scam' (so to speak) is?

You have 2 options
    -pay for the privledge to purchase
    -get someone who is a member to purchase it for you (but this person you may have already Amway contact with in the past and it was probably negative).

I think Enjo/Tupperware succeed in because they overcome those two problems listed above
    -you don't pay to join
    -the relationship with the person who you can purcahse from is probably better because they haven't ever tried to sign you up - they may have had a party, given you the opportunity to buy but they have never asked you to hand over cash for memberships or made promises of incidential income etc.

They are straight up
    -companies make money by selling a product
    -the seller hasn't paid membership fee
    -the buyer doesn't have to join and is simply purchasing an item (for which the seller earns a bit of money/gets products)
    -the products are great

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree Button. The whole thing just doesn't sit right