ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Standing in the highchair.

My 13 month old, has begun standing in her high chair when she has 'had enough to eat'. This is after about 5 - 10 minutes of eating. She has an Ikea high chair and the seatbelt just falls down when she wiggles up as she is only small - 8.3kg.

I don't really want to buy another high chair, so does anyone have any suggestions I can try so she will stay sitting longer? I want her to eat well as she is only small. She has been doing this for about a week. Before she would quite happily sit for an hour eating away...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been putting her down on the floor and not giving her anymore food, hoping that she will eat more next time. However, she has been snacking more often - every two hours.

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When DS started disliking the high chair I transitioned him to a kids table - just a little plastic table and chair. He loved that Plus it comes in really useful as a craft/activities table.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Buy a harness to put in it that she can't stand up in? Babies standing in high chairs freak me out though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had the Ikea chair as our spare/travel one which was ok until last week when my 14 month old stood up and it tipped over! It's really unsafe so we just chucked it, sorry no other suggestions , we just only use our prima pappa now, it's bigger and more expensive but has a 5 point harness and 1000% safer than the Ikea one

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Turk EnJayDee  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is what I always tell people when they rave about the ikea chair. I think it is dangerous. My third baby (early crawler) was standing in it at 7 mths. My fourth is doing it now too... Basically we just take them out at that point. It's generally a sign that they aren't hungry any more anyway.

Leaving a baby in a chair for an hour seems a very long time.