+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Reflections of the past 12mths ...

So now 2012 is here what do we all think about the last 12mths of our lives???
    What milestones/events/happenings/good/bad/significant....

I had a bit of a freak out last night when I went to bed - it seemed like nothing really has happened in the last yr, I don't really feel heaps closer to the magic person I wanted to me. Have I wasted the last 12mths?

So I have been thinking about things and its not entirely trye - last yr I laid alot of foundations, this yr time to put everything into action.

My main 3 lessons for 2011
    1. Losing a dear friend a month or so ago. She was very die and it was unexpected. As well as the grief of her passing comes the assesmnet of my own life, my choices, my own mortality - all that stuff.
    2. Finding complete peace where I live (we randomly moved last yr away from our home of 4yrs and it made me realise how much I love where I live, I have a great lifestyle and wouldnt want to live anywhere else). This has been a blessing for me - to feel like this Melbourne born chick is now 1000000000000000000000000000000% at home somewhere else.
    3. Not sure how to word this one - but feeling like I am getting it.I finished my councelling, I know myself better, I am not running.
    So what about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    The last 12 months have been well interesting

Yasi- We learnt that we during a crisis our family (dh, the kids and myself) pull together, we support each other and work well as team. We learnt that we could live without all mod cons.... no power (which includes no septic) no phone etc and still get on with work and school.

Year 12. Well we survived it.

DD1 and I became very close.

We were all a little shocked and greatly surprised by belly bub.

We continued to learn that our medical conditions don't define us.

Even though we are not in the house, we are closer to be in there than we were before.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    2011 was the year i became an adult.

I had DS in 2010, but still felt like i was muddling along somewhat. This year i went back to part time work and I remember taking DS to child care one day, clipping along in my work heels, locking the door of the flat we OWN (a big milestone for this year!) and taking my little man by the hand and walking him to child care, I remember sooo clearly thinking "OMG- I'm grown up!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Deleted
    Last edited by Guest1234; 15-01-2012 at 11:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Loving 6- I hope you dont mind me asking, I have followed your story (though your responses in threads, not me being a crazy stalker lady) and was wondering how far away you were from moving into your house. Your journey building it and rasing a family at the same times sounds amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquillah View Post
    Loving 6- I hope you dont mind me asking, I have followed your story (though your responses in threads, not me being a crazy stalker lady) and was wondering how far away you were from moving into your house. Your journey building it and rasing a family at the same times sounds amazing!
    I am afraid it a case of how long is a piece of a string....

We brought a kit home and they went bankrupt before we got the whole kit. So that meant we have had to re buy a heap of stuff. So it been a very slow process. We save like mad than do a bit and save again etc... We need about 20 K to finish.

We are doing all the work ourselves except plumbing and electrical as by law they have to be done by a qualified person. We live on site in our garage so we can work on it bit by bit. We are almost finished the plastering and we just had the bathroom, toilet, en suite and laundry waterproofed ready for tiling when we are finished plastering.

It will be a beautiful big 7 bedroom home when it is finished.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 01-01-2012 at 19:26.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for this thread Button. I've spent a lot of time lately b!tching and moaning about 2011, but it's actually played a huge role in moulding who I am, and it's taught me to appreciate everything - all of my relationships which I may have taken for granted in the past, my health, and my life in general.

2011 is the year that changed my life completely. It taught me that I am strong enough to reach the lowest of lows and still recover.

It brought me even closer to my sister (didn't think it was even possible to get closer).

The death of a family friend from cancer and the great loss of life due to natural disasters, taught me to embrace life because there may not be a 'tomorrow'. It all gave me the push to buy my tickets for overseas.

The birth of my son, in particular how he was born, taught me that I'm a strong and independent woman!

I really want to help other women who are experiencing intensive emotional turmoil whilst pregnant or shortly following pregnancy - I just don't know how yet. Maybe that's why it happened to me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow thanks for the update!

Gosh you are so close to finishing, I hope you are in sooner rather than later.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquillah For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (01-01-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Thanks for this thread Button. I've spent a lot of time lately b!tching and moaning about 2011, but it's actually played a huge role in moulding who I am, and it's taught me to appreciate everything - all of my relationships which I may have taken for granted in the past, my health, and my life in general.

2011 is the year that changed my life completely. It taught me that I am strong enough to reach the lowest of lows and still recover.

It brought me even closer to my sister (didn't think it was even possible to get closer).

The death of a family friend from cancer and the great loss of life due to natural disasters, taught me to embrace life because there may not be a 'tomorrow'. It all gave me the push to buy my tickets for overseas.

The birth of my son, in particular how he was born, taught me that I'm a strong and independent woman!

I really want to help other women who are experiencing intensive emotional turmoil whilst pregnant or shortly following pregnancy - I just don't know how yet. Maybe that's why it happened to me?

WOW - what a yr. Hearing all in one post it seems insane

Definately a life changing year

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (01-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquillah View Post
    Wow thanks for the update!

Gosh you are so close to finishing, I hope you are in sooner rather than later.
    Me too....