So what events rated as important to you - TOP 3.
For me its definately
- Tsunami/Nuclear meltdown in Japan
- Wedding Will and Kate
- Bin Laden death
- Various deaths – Bobby Davies, Lionel Rose, Liz Taylor, Bill Hunter, Nancy Wake
- Steve Jobs death
- Military deaths (in particular 4 deaths in 2 weeks)
- Police commission/Enquiry/Simon Overlander quits
- Tiger Airways grounded
- Enquirer/phone hacking/Murdoch response
- Daryn Hinch – ban on broadcasting/new kidney
- London riots
- Bali drug boy
- Carbon tax
- Occupy movement
- Queen visit
- Maummar Gaddafi
- Qantas industrial dispute
- Obama visit
- Kim Jong Il death
- Maummar Gaddafi
- Murdoch response to Enquirer/Phone hacking tied with Occupy Movement in USA
Can't poll cos too many options.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 20
31-12-2011 23:32 #1
2011 - the yr that was
31-12-2011 23:42 #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- Queensland, NSW, Victoria flooding and Yasi. Truly awful, gut wrenching and I was not even directly affected. I loved seeing how everyone pulled together afterwards however.
- Japan Tsunami
- Uprising of Egypt and Libyia and people taking steps to move these dictators.
31-12-2011 23:44 #3
Mine would be the flooding in Australia, Christchurch earthquakes and Japan tsunami. They were the ones I felt most affected by.
On a brighter note, the Royal Wedding would be up there too!
31-12-2011 23:45 #4
Floods of dec 10/jan 11. Thats the main one for me as even though it didnt affect me as much as others, we experienced it first hand like many others. I will never forget the look on my dads face when walking him to have a sleep after being in the house flooded waiting to be rescued.
I dont watch or read much news so not alot has stood out to me really.
Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub
31-12-2011 23:46 #5
Oh were floods this yr - whoops, I thought they were last xmas (2010)
whoops forgot about the Eyptian/Libyian uprising and NZ quakes.
31-12-2011 23:50 #6
The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:
31-12-2011 23:57 #7
01-01-2012 00:26 #8
I'm going to cheat and put all the natural disasters as one, the deaths of Bin Laden, Gaddafi and Kim Jong Il as two and mass protests (Occupy through to Lybia etc) as three.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:
01-01-2012 00:28 #9
01-01-2012 00:55 #10Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
The floods here in QLD
Japan and NZ disasters
The discovery of Daniel Morcombe's remains
Last edited by Gracie's Mum; 01-01-2012 at 01:06.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:
Luna Lovegood (01-01-2012)
By missmya84 in forum General ChatReplies: 111Last Post: 25-12-2011, 23:53
Baby U & The Wiggles - Toilet Training ProductsToilet training can be a testing time but Baby U is there to assist you and your toddler with the daunting task of ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Wdyt- creepy postieGeneral Chat
Vegetarian recipes for those with low ironRecipes & Lunchbox Ideas
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2pregnancy and babies through IVF
How long did it take you to conceive?Conception & Fertility General Chat
I am... #20General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat