+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Should i pack an emergancy bag

im due to home birth water birth in March and i was wondering if bubs decides to come before 37 weeks should i have a emergancy hospy bag ready to go just incase??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I did for my first homebirth, but didn't for my second.

I guess its a personal thing, I looked at it as a bit of a jinx IYKWIM??

Sorry, not really any help at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can totally see why its a good idea - but like Edward, it feels too 'jinx-y' to me.

I wouldn't (even though my inlaws think its a massive risk not to), i figure, if i need to transfer to a hospital, then am i really going to need the contents of my bag immediately? no. so i can send someone to get my stuff once i'm in hospital, or if i go into prem-labour, pack my stuff together then.

But personal choice.

DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I meant to, I really did. But I'm 40+4 right now and still haven't gotten around to it

I think if it makes you feel more prepared or safer or just better in any way then go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i want to but i use everything now that i would need except the maternity pads and breast pads. i do feel like i would be jinxing myself but want to be ready for the just incase even though i pretty sure i wont need it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe just write a list of what you would want to take? It would be much easier then for you and for the person who would be gathering your stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't bother last time, and I won't bother this time either.

I figure, if i'm transferring, it's an emergency (whether it's pre-term labour or a transfer during labour) so I probably won't be thinking about grabbing a bag anyway, I have support people that can bring me anything I need.

I'm also lazy and cheap, I don't want to have to have double of things so I can have 'home stuff' and 'hospital stuff'

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (29-12-2011),mim  (24-01-2012)

DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've now had my homebirth and I would definitely advise packing a bag. I gave birth last week and since that night I've been in hospital as baby is having issues. Having a bag packed with all the things I'd need would have made things just a tiny bit easier.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I did for my first, and ended up trasferring, so made a point of NOT packing a bag the next two times, everything went off without a hitch...

All the best, total personal preference, it's not essential.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by DaughteroftheForest View Post
    I've now had my homebirth and I would definitely advise packing a bag. I gave birth last week and since that night I've been in hospital as baby is having issues. Having a bag packed with all the things I'd need would have made things just a tiny bit easier.

I hope Ayla is getting better. Let us know if we can do anything for you. I will be praying for Ayla and your whole family.