+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default To Bumbo or not to Bumbo?

Just wondering if it is worth purchasing a Bumbo seat for my 4 month old? He has good head/neck control and tries to pull himself up. Are they bad for babys' spine? Any advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS loved his. I don't think they are bad for babes spine, but the same with anything, just don't sit them in it all day long as that could possibly cause problems.

DS used his from when he first started sitting until about a year before he got too big for it. I found it really good. Especially with the tray as you can use it as a portable high chair too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We loved ours i don't use it at all till baby can kind-of sit unassisted anyway (so at least 4months), and then until they out-grow it. Although its not as practical as a chair/pram you can buckle them into when they start crawling

But definitely worth it in the mean time. Don't leave them in there all day, cause i'm sure that's not great for their spines. So worth while!! haha. And easy enough to just pop in the car when you visit people, so that you've got a chair with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I swear by my bumbo.. Used it for all 3 and plan to use it for #4.. Was so easy to put them in it to feed them, teach them to sit.. I used to take it with us to restaurants and all

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loved the bumbo for Ds. Came in handy so many times and used it when visiting friends etc Best purchase we made

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have one but barely use it.. Ds has reflux and how it make him sit has him spewing quite quickly. Definitely know people who swear by them though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was given one as a gift, only used it a few times as DD hated it and her chubby thighs would get stuck I have loaned it out to a lot of friends though so it has had good use and I will try this bub in it too, but based on my first experience no, I wouldnt buy one would just go straight to highchair.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found it good to sit my bub in it when we were having a shower together. Gave me hands free for a few minutes, and she was happy to kick the water.

AT 20 months she still fits in it, and drags it out to play with.

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We got our Bumbo yesterday and so far so good, baby loves it. We probably won't get alot of use out of it as he is 6 months old but I figure it can be used again for the next baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ours was a gift and DS hated it. He wasn't that chubby, he just hated being contained. I have loaned it out to two friends and they have used it a lot and when we have our next one we will try again.

Of topic: Has anyone see the carts that you can sit hte bumbo in and push the kid around in? Was in the mothercare catalogue