+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cant get bubs to settle :( Starting to lose the plot

Hey everyone

Any tips on settling bubs without b/f? DS is 10 months old and only sleeps through one sleep cycle at a time (about 30 mins although seems to get shorter every night). Tonight he is waking as soon as I try and put him down. He has started chewing on the boob and I just cant bear to nurse him all night anymore We've both been crying for hours, not sure what to do now I'm already a mess from weeks of little sleep but this is just too much, its breaking my heart

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you tried offering him some water? A few nights of that and he will get that the boob ain't coming, and that water is not exciting enough to wake for.

Can you try getting DH to resettle? No boobs there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah tried the whole water thing, he was unimpressed, just kept crying Sometimes DH can settle him but not always, and he's away at the moment so no use to me. I'm a mess, its really start to affect me in strange ways, even went to see a psychologist at one stage as it occurred to me that my family would be better off without me and suddenly it was totally clear how people can just leave/disappear into thin air and perhaps this was a better option for my family. Anyway she basically said she cant help me because I have chronic fatigue syndrome. So anything she could suggest to try and help me cope would be worthless as its similar to having a really high blood alcohol level. *sigh* Maybe tonight will be better

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear you are battling.... In my opinion i think a referal to sleep school might be best... to me it sounds like you have done all you can and it might be time to get some professional help for all of your sanity.... I know only too well the affects of sleep deprivation at the absurd end of the scale..... xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is sleep school just another form of CC (as opposed to the unctrollable crying we have atm)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sleep school can be great but the waiting list can also be long. When I went I told them I would not be allowing my son to cry to sleep as I know this doesn't have to happen. I work in early childhood so really *should* know what to do lol. The support was great. But I did a day stay first and the lady I had was crap. She was at sleep school when I stayed for the week but was with someone else. And they had a terrible time. So it really depends on who you get to support you at the school iykwim and my son really didn't cry. Have you also read the no cry sleep solutions ? It's a great book.

Hope you get some rest tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smootch For This Useful Post:

trishalishous (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I've tried rocking, patting, singing, feeding, swaying, hanging from the roof, standing on my head, I cant seem to get the 'cry' out of even the 'no-cry' sleep solutions. I think we did get two hours in a row last night *whoop whoop*. I did go to see a psychologist, she told me the baby needs to sleep....well, hello?!

I just hate listening to him cry and he never cries himself to sleep, he just keeps crying. I dont think he's cold, although it does get a bit tricky knowing what to put on him as it can be hot when he goes to bed, then cooler during the night but we have a fan on and I think the temperature is okay. I did try putting a long sleeve singlet on him when it was a bit cooler the other week and he threw the biggest tantrum trying to pull the sleeves off, it was quite amusing!

Anyway, better go rescue him from his bed. I think I just have to keep going and hope he grows out of it before he leaves home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I wish I could help. What happens if you just stand and rock him while he cries? Will he fall asleep eventually? Even if it takes an hour or more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, i've been trying that this afternoon, onm and off for the last few hours, he will eventually fall asleep but wakes and starts screaming as soon as I put him down. He's such a light sleeper. Then once I settle him from screaming he's wide awake and jumping around like a fart in a bottle and wants to play again, he's had his nap and is fully recharged! Crazy kid!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you ruled put any medical problems? Does he only really cry when it comes to sleep time?