+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    431
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked
    19
    Reviews
    0

    Default Do you have a Canon SLR camera?

    I am thinking of spending my Xmas bonus on a really good camera and was looking at the Canon 550D SLR 18 mega pixels camera.

    Does anyone have a good camera? Was it worth the $$$?

    I have just a digital point and shoot but was wanting a good camera for kids photos, it's $1000 - am I going to really get my moneys worth??

    Are they hard to use? Do you have a good recommendation?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Other side of the screen!
    Posts
    3,674
    Thanks
    872
    Thanked
    870
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just bought myself an early Christmas present...... Canon 1100D...! From Harvey norman it was down from $799 to $389!!!! Came with the standard 55-75 lens and so far I love it.

    I was going to buy the more expensive one but when the lady was going through the features I was thinking - I will NEVER use half of those and I'm only a beginner... The 1100D is still going to be a large learning curve!

    I suggest looking in HN or a similar deal.... I almost fell over when the lady said just the body alone for the 1100D was $999!!!!!!!

    Good luck!


    Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    545
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked
    62
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have an old 450d that I got years ago and love it!!!
    Have been wanting to upgrade, but I think there's probably not much difference between bodies so might spend my money on a new lens :-D

    AP how long ago was that?!?!? I may have to pop in.....


    Bub #1 due Feb 2012!!
    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    431
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked
    19
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Puffin View Post
    I just bought myself an early Christmas present...... Canon 1100D...! From Harvey norman it was down from $799 to $389!!!! Came with the standard 55-75 lens and so far I love it.

    I was going to buy the more expensive one but when the lady was going through the features I was thinking - I will NEVER use half of those and I'm only a beginner... The 1100D is still going to be a large learning curve!

    I suggest looking in HN or a similar deal.... I almost fell over when the lady said just the body alone for the 1100D was $999!!!!!!!

    Good luck!


    Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!
    Geez what a great bargin when did you get this sale???? I might have to google this model and check it out.
    Do the pictures look clear and "professional" like?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Other side of the screen!
    Posts
    3,674
    Thanks
    872
    Thanked
    870
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessca View Post
    I have an old 450d that I got years ago and love it!!!
    Have been wanting to upgrade, but I think there's probably not much difference between bodies so might spend my money on a new lens :-D

    AP how long ago was that?!?!? I may have to pop in.....


    Bub #1 due Feb 2012!!
    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub!!
    I got it last Sunday!!!

    I would spend the money on a lens though...... Apparently it's a whole new ball game using a different lens!

    What have you currently got? The 55-75?

    I'm still trying to work out iso, aperture and, the other one. Lol ... So bad I am going to need someone to give me lessons! Haha


    Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Other side of the screen!
    Posts
    3,674
    Thanks
    872
    Thanked
    870
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumsrulz View Post
    Geez what a great bargin when did you get this sale???? I might have to google this model and check it out.
    Do the pictures look clear and "professional" like?
    Well personally I absolutely LOVE the pics. They are super duper clear!! It's 12mega pixel (I think) but this is a large enough pixel for the normal/hobbyist user unless u want to go and do professional editing and photography etc.... In which case you would want to spend more and get the better models any way haha...

    I am still playing with it at the moment... It's hard to find the "balance" with using custom settings and not using the auto point and shoot setting but i will get there with practice....!




    Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Other side of the screen!
    Posts
    3,674
    Thanks
    872
    Thanked
    870
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will actually go outside now and take some pics. I'll come back later and see if I can upload them


    Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    431
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked
    19
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Puffin View Post
    I will actually go outside now and take some pics. I'll come back later and see if I can upload them


    Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!
    Wow that's great!! Thanks so much looking forward to your photographer debut

    I might have to go to HN today

    Also Do you find it strange looking into the camera than on a digital screen?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Other side of the screen!
    Posts
    3,674
    Thanks
    872
    Thanked
    870
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumsrulz View Post
    Wow that's great!! Thanks so much looking forward to your photographer debut

    I might have to go to HN today

    Also Do you find it strange looking into the camera than on a digital screen?
    It's a weird sensation, but when you look in the eye thing, it has markers that help you focus on a certain object making it easier to get used to....


    Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    545
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked
    62
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Puffin View Post
    I got it last Sunday!!!

    I would spend the money on a lens though...... Apparently it's a whole new ball game using a different lens!

    What have you currently got? The 55-75?

    I'm still trying to work out iso, aperture and, the other one. Lol ... So bad I am going to need someone to give me lessons! Haha


    Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!
    I've got the twin lens kit, so i think it's 18-55 and 55-250. I can't honestly remember.
    I really want a 50mm 1.4 (or if I win tattslotto 1.2)!! When america went thru the whole GFC thing it made the prices skyrocket!! But luckily lenses have a worldwide warranty so if your willing to take the risk you can get them from america cheaper.

    It takes ages!! I still haven't figured out 90% of what it's capable of.


    Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub


 

Similar Threads

  1. Nikon or Canon?
    By Munchkin004 in forum Photography Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 13:00
  2. Importing photos from Canon 40D on Mac
    By rainbow road in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-08-2012, 12:00
  3. Canon eos 550 advice - what lenses and best place to buy?
    By crunchie in forum Photography Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-05-2012, 12:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Heinz Baby BasicsOur BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›