+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Overseas egg donor

Hello,
    I am hoping somebody may be able to help me
    My husband and I are looking for an egg donor. My husband is American and he has a friend that says she is willing to do it( She lives in Colorado). Can anyone tell me how we go about this? If she comes here she will not be covered by medicare so do you know if we have to pay the total cost for IVF. Also is it possible to go over there and have the procedure carried out? Its all a bit confusing so if you have had any experience with this no matter how small I would love to hear from you.
    Many thanks
    DandT

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She will need to get a referral to her nearest fertility centre and go from there. She will need all of the tests associated with being an egg donor along with the counselling. If you are wanting to bring her here for the procedure, you will need to contact your fertility centre and ask them how to move forward. You could also ask them with regards to your costs being covered by Medicare but you might find they will direct you to take your enquiry to Medicare itself.

I had an overseas egg donor and we went to her. All my tests were done here and we paid for all of her tests/retrievel. It was not cheap, but definitely worth it. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi DandT

I used to visit the website for aussie egg donations I think the address is aussieeggdonations.com.au, the gist I get is that yes she can donate here, she will need to go on the register as making a donation, she needs to go through the process of counselling etc before she will be allowed to donate, if she is in a relationship her partner also has to be part of the counselling. The IVf can fall under the medicare rebate, now I am not sure whether this is just for Australian donors or for all donors who donate to an Australian couple, I would suggest you contacting somewhere like IVF Australia and ask them what the protocol is. Yes she can donate in the US and you have the procedure in the US, this would be better as there is no counselling and no register, the baby will be "yours". Again you would need to or have your friend contact an IVF clinic they will be able to fill you in the US protocol.

Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the reply Theresa. I will definitely look into going over to the US.
    Donna

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for all your great infromation. It seems like going to the Us may be the best option. I will definitely be looking into it. Good luck with everything!!!
    DandT
    xxxx