ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Would you let your 10yo do this??

My brothers 10yo step daughter is a bit of a brat....

She has just posted a what i consider provocative picture of herself with full make up and posing pursing her lips and hips and boobs out on her Facebook account. It shocked me to see it, and i'm not sure what people will think...

Now i'm all for kids playing around with makeup i did as a little girl, but there is no way i will let my child put it on facebook...

She's a bit of an attention seeker and is only with my brother and SIL for the holiday's but a big fuss is made of her all the time, when the other two kids kinda get left behind...

My wedding weekend when they arrived she packed a sad cause we were doing stuff for F and not her, he was 6 weeks old!! and she was 7 she got her mum to come downstairs at my parents and explain that she was upset cause we had all payed attention to F and not her, we had all said hello to her and given her a hug... then on my wedding day i said to everyone i didn't want anyone in the room while my hair was being finished and i was getting dressed, i was sitting in my underwear and she just walked in and wouldn't leave....Then packed a sad cause she couldn't come in the car with me and my parents!!!!She turned to my brother and said you aren't my dad i don't have to listen to you... my dad turned around and just told her NO!!

Just wondering what everyone's opinions are on kids having FB accounts and wearing Full makeup at her age....
    I do feel sorry for her that it was just her and her mum for the first 4 years of her life and then within 2 years there was a husband and a new little brother..My sil's family always makes a huge fuss over her though and spoils her rotten...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally inappropriate for a 10 year old to have any kind of provocative pictures in any form. Report it to Facebook and it'll get removed, maybe her account closed and she'll never know its you because it's anonomys lol!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

laurea  (20-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It wouldn't be happening in our house. DD wouldn't have her own make-up at that age (other than maybe lipgloss and nail polish), and if she used mine without permission she'd be in heaps of trouble.

Kids getting upset over stupid stuff seems normal though... my 6-year-old does it all the time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (20-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have boobs at 10!

But back on topic... I think it is inappropriate. Younger girls may think it is cool and gets them attention, but they fail to think through the consequences of acting this way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, my 12.5yr old doesn't even have facebook.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No way!
    Aside from the fact facebook have a minimum age of 13, so she shouldn't even have a facebook account!
    Do her parents not keep an eye on her facebook profile and what she posts to it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Her mum set it up for her cause all her friends had them... and it was a way for her to stay in contact with everyone... i don't think she should have one until she learns that there are consequences to things but like i said SIL pampers to her every whim...

She doesn't really have boobs either but she is pushing her chest out which i think is totally inappropriate...

Has had her own makeup for years, has acrylic nails and colour in her hair as well, SIL is a hairdresser(i am too but my child won't be getting it)and a nail tech.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's it. My two girls are never going out AND their never getting Facebook.

Seriously though, that is not good. How many creeps are currently eyeballing that picture? Gah! Parents need a swift kick!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

CupidsVictim  (20-12-2011),hoping28  (20-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely not! That's crazy, IMO. When I was 10 I was playing barbies, not trying to be sexy.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nicoletta For This Useful Post:

babyspice  (20-12-2011),BornToBe  (22-12-2011),Californication  (20-12-2011),hoping28  (20-12-2011),Sparklydreamer  (20-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This would be my nightmare in 10 years. I so hope my DD is a tomboy because I am going to be the "awful" mother saying "You can't wear that" etc and there is NO WAY that either of my kids will have FB or whatever the new fad is then at 10. Just no way.

Kids need to stay kids. They can wear make-up and acrylic nails when they are late teens. Until then, they can do kid stuff!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

hoping28  (20-12-2011)