+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy info needed???

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone has any good books they can recommend for a first time mum?? I have so many questions and am freaking out a little bit because I really don't know anything about pregnancy, labour, newborns, feeding.. Any of it really!!! Lol. I have friends and family that are great but really don't want to annoy them everytime I have a question.

Thanks everyone : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What to expect when you're expecting is a good one I read that with my first and it answered a lot of questions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by EllaJsMum View Post
    What to expect when you're expecting is a good one I read that with my first and it answered a lot of questions!
    Yup this has been a good book for me. Also 'Up The Duff' is another good book..informative but fun.

I have also downloaded a couple of pregnancy apps on my iPhone which I have found useful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Up the Duff is a good one.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ina Mays guide to child birth
    Gentle birth gentle mothering

These are my favorite, plus I love the mybirth website

I read up the duff for my first pregnancy and well you can see by my signature how that turned out, don't get me wrong its a bit funny but I didn't find it very informative or educational and tended to make light of some important choices you have to make.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 14-12-2011 at 13:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bla81 View Post
    Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone has any good books they can recommend for a first time mum?? I have so many questions and am freaking out a little bit because I really don't know anything about pregnancy, labour, newborns, feeding.. Any of it really!!! Lol. I have friends and family that are great but really don't want to annoy them everytime I have a question.

i read the two standard preggy books - what to expect when you're expecting, and up the duff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What to expect is great. I also really like your pregnancy - week by week by Lesley regan. It's English so some of the websites etc don't apply, and most of their babies are born public (NHS) but it is incredibly informative and practical.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read up the duff & one from babies galore they sold but also gave when i joined the Step loyalty program 2.5 years ago Sorry i dont remember the name of it but it had a short week by week this is mum this is bub and room to write your experiences.

For new born i love Pinky McKay books (i have Sleeping like a baby) which also covered b/feeding and bonding. It depends on what kind of a routine you want.
    Pinky is very baby let, trust your instincts and have lots of cuddles and very anti controlled crying I had to partly bottle feed DD but still didn't get annoyed by her breast is best line. I discovered this book when DD was 4 months old & i wish i'd started to read it 4 months before she was born. I'm now 26 weeks preggers with Bub2 & feel i'll be less hard on my self by re reading this book.

Baby Love is another very popular one & there is Kid wrangling the follow up to up the duff I own both but barely look at them

Good luck & remember you always have bub hub when your curious or frustrated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Birth is another one that's good, written by Australian authors so relevant for birth options etc we have here (I find some if the American/UK ones not so good when it comes to that).
    BAby love is good one once bub is here (but good to start to read before they come as you probably won't get much time after!)
    I liked what to expect more than up the duff, it's much more informative, but up the duff is a more light hearted easy to read book.
    Birth skills is great also!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bla81 View Post
    Hi guys

Ah yep I'd be going with what to expect... Up the duff freaked me out when I first read it... Probably wouldn't be as confronting now lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tatia&shura For This Useful Post:

Bla81  (16-12-2011)