+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stubborn Ox is offline Can't wait to meet our little baby this year!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My question is for all who've had a miscarriage...

My DP & I started our TTC journey back in February this year with me coming off the pill then, I fell pregnant in May to our surprise as I felt it would take at least 6 months to get my body back to normal as I'd been on the pill for 8 years but lucky us!

Or so we thought, got my BFP went for bloods at 5 weeks it would have been but then had my ultrasound at 8 weeks and nobody was home. It turned out I had a blighted ovum, a week later I miscarried 2 days before my scheduled D & C down in Sydney. This was in August, very sad but with a break from TTC, a little holiday and just time we got through this. Probably more me needed the break.

Now we're back. We started this month. Hoping we DTD enough, had a 2 break as we live on a sheep/cattle station with crops as well and of course right when I'm ovulating DP had to do 18 hour days due to the rain and random sun shine. Harvest time is the bane of my life. No matter what it is something else important comes up or someone gets sick during harvest!

But as I said we're back, hoping for that beautiful BFP on Christmas Day or Boxing Day if I can contain myself and AF doesn't show up. Which she better not!!!

My question is for all who've had a miscarriage who have either gone on to have healthy babies or those who are still in the same boat as myself and on the TTC journey... Do you get to enjoy pregnancy? Those who've not got the BFP yet, do you think you'll be able to enjoy pregnancy? I want to so much, I think pregnancy is a beautiful thing but I am scared that I won't be able to enjoy my special time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    After every m/c we have fallen pregnant the very next go

I have always used OPK to time it perfectly.

Stubborn Ox is offline Can't wait to meet our little baby this year!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I used an OPK and we DTD on CD12, CD14, CD16 (Where I got the surge!) then we didn't DTD until CD19 and CD20 so I'm not sure how we'll go this month but gosh waterlily I hope I get a BFP for Christmas & a sticky baby for the spring of 2012!

Did you get to enjoy your pregnancy with your DD or were you worried all the time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    After my blighted ovum we took a break too, but I fell within a couple of months of trying again.

I found it very hard to enjoy the first trimester especially as we didn't find out about the BO until the 12 week scan. I also had some spotting so was pretty scared most of the time!!

But then I had the 12 week scan and saw a baby there and felt a weight just drop off my shoulders. But I didn't realise I was still tense until around the 19 week mark when I first felt DS move. Then I really relaxed and felt I could enjoy it.

I was worried again with this pregnancy, but all has been fine.

I think it normal to worry after a loss, but try to relax if you can. It's hard to do though!

Good luck for your BFP

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Stubborn Ox  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm like waterlily, i have a pattern of m/c then successful pregnancy.

As for enjoyment of pregnancy - i find the first trimester the worst, i don't enjoy it all. I tend to just feel like i'm waiting to m/c and don't want to get excited in case i do. Once i'm over 12 weeks i feel better but i still get nervous. I think my enjoyment really starts from the 20 week scan - once i see that i feel like it's real and can i can really enjoy it. Having the belly grow also makes it more 'real' and thus more enjoyable.
    I'm not really a 'glowing' pregnancy loving person but i did enjoy lots of aspects of my pregnancies - the bump, the scans, hearing the heartbeat, feeling movements etc were all special, enjoyable times. I had my fears, of course, but i was able to enjoy it.

Good luck ttc

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I'm like waterlily, i have a pattern of m/c then successful pregnancy.

As for enjoyment of pregnancy - i find the first trimester the worst, i don't enjoy it all. I tend to just feel like i'm waiting to m/c and don't want to get excited in case i do. Once i'm over 12 weeks i feel better but i still get nervous. I think my enjoyment really starts from the 20 week scan - once i see that i feel like it's real and can i can really enjoy it. Having the belly grow also makes it more 'real' and thus more enjoyable.
    I'm not really a 'glowing' pregnancy loving person but i did enjoy lots of aspects of my pregnancies - the bump, the scans, hearing the heartbeat, feeling movements etc were all special, enjoyable times. I had my fears, of course, but i was able to enjoy it.

Good luck ttc
    This is the same for me. I had an mc, then dd, then mc, now ttc. I was very worried in my first trimester but had some great morning sickness to remind me things were still going strong, but between the end of first tri and feeling movement was hard for me because my early preg symptom had backed off and i was feeling good but I really just wanted to feel pregnant.

Good luck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I am 35 weeks pregnant after miscarrying back in January.

I was so scared and paranoid when I fell pregnant again as I didn't want to go through the heartbreak again. As this was an IVF pregnancy I was lucky to be closely monitored in the early days and on lots of different meds to support the pregnancy. I has regular blood tests and then a scan at around 7-8 weeks to make sure all was ok (miscarried at 8 weeks last time).

Each milestone I passed helped me to relax a little more. Getting to the 12 week mark and sharing our news with friends and family was a great one!

I am enjoying this pregnancy despite my paranoia. I borrowed a Doppler from a friend which helped to ease my fears in the earlier days before I started feeling movement. This helped me so much!

I guess despite being more aware of what could go wrong, I have managed to focus on the positive side and enjoy my pregnancy. Perhaps because it took so long to get here I wanted to cherish every moment and not be scared out of my mind every second of the day.

Having said that, I don't think I'll believe that we get to take a baby home until I'm holding him in my arms!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks in 2008. I knew by dates that I should have been 10 weeks at least, so when I started bleeding and the blood test came back normal for 6 weeks, i knew something was wrong. They sent me for a scan, couldn't tell me anything so sent me home. I passed everything about 15 minutes after walking through the door. Was rushed back to hospital with massive blood loss, taken for another scan and it was confirmed there was nothing there. The next morning, a councilor came to see me, and told me the first scan showed no heart beat. Anyway. In 2009, I fell pregnant again and went on to have a beautiful baby girl. I was paranoid for the first 12 weeks. The day after I found out I was pregnant, I got really bad pain so went to the hospital. They suspected an ectopic pregnant so had a scan and there on the screen was a strong heartbeat, everything where it should be. We didn't tell people I was pregnant until 12 weeks. Apart from being confined to bed for the first 5 months of the pregnancy, I enjoyed it. Probably more so then the pregnancy with DD1.

In September this year, I had my implanon out as we decided to ttc number 3. I fell pregnant literally straight away, but it ended in m/c in October. I devastated me and DH, as this was the first time we actually planned to fall pregnant. We fell pregnant again on our wedding night in November, and so far so good. But DH is waiting until we know for sure everything is ok before he gets excited, and I'm trying to do the same although it's hard. I am a lot more paranoid this time. Every little twinge of pain has me terrified, and I am constantly checking for spotting/bleeding when I go to the loo. Once we get the ok, and have our first scan and reach the 12 week mark, then I think we will both enjoy it a lot more.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sorry to hear of you m/c. I had two blighted ovums in a row before my DD (who is now 2.5 years). It was a really difficult time and I was very sad and thought I would never have a bub. I had a break after the second m/c then fell pregnant 2 months of trying. I did stress a lot in that pregnancy but bled brown blood from weeks 7-9!!!! So it was quite stressful. I am now 27 weeks pregnant with bub 2 and this pregnancy is sooo much less stressful. I am just more relaxed and as a consequence feel much better. I wish you all the best TTC.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Loulabelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn Ox View Post
    My DP & I started our TTC journey back in February this year with me coming off the pill then, I fell pregnant in May to our surprise as I felt it would take at least 6 months to get my body back to normal as I'd been on the pill for 8 years but lucky us!

Or so we thought, got my BFP went for bloods at 5 weeks it would have been but then had my ultrasound at 8 weeks and nobody was home. It turned out I had a blighted ovum, a week later I miscarried 2 days before my scheduled D & C down in Sydney. This was in August, very sad but with a break from TTC, a little holiday and just time we got through this. Probably more me needed the break.

Now we're back. We started this month. Hoping we DTD enough, had a 2 break as we live on a sheep/cattle station with crops as well and of course right when I'm ovulating DP had to do 18 hour days due to the rain and random sun shine. Harvest time is the bane of my life. No matter what it is something else important comes up or someone gets sick during harvest!

But as I said we're back, hoping for that beautiful BFP on Christmas Day or Boxing Day if I can contain myself and AF doesn't show up. Which she better not!!!

My question is for all who've had a miscarriage who have either gone on to have healthy babies or those who are still in the same boat as myself and on the TTC journey... Do you get to enjoy pregnancy? Those who've not got the BFP yet, do you think you'll be able to enjoy pregnancy? I want to so much, I think pregnancy is a beautiful thing but I am scared that I won't be able to enjoy my special time.
    sorry that you've just gone through this
    i havnt gotten pregnant since my m/c, im so clucky for another one, im looking forward to the next one, whenever that happens, i dont have any concerns about my next bub. im sure you will be fine next time

17. The Following User Says Thank You to babyspice For This Useful Post: