ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelbygirl View Post
    I love ours, it looks good, it works and I consider it safe. He is at more risk of strangling on a bib than a amber necklace, but either way he is not left unattended with either of them on, long enough for me to be concerned.
    I agree, the accc website also lists stuffed toys as a choking risk for kids under 3! I would be more worried about babies with earrings choking , I have a 13 month old DS with 12 teeth ( 8 front and 4 huge molars ) and he has never had to have drugs/teething gels and has been wearing his necklace since he was 3 months old, he does not even know he is wearing it and the beads are individually knotted and smaller than the peas he will be eating for dinner

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i never had them for DD#1 or DD#2 but i got one for DD#3 when she was 3months old and mine is individually tied bead and it works for us when she goes down for a sleep i take it off and when we go for baths too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I never had them for DD but i will getting some for DS. Im getting an anklet as i dont like the idea of having them around his neck while he is little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think while supervised by an adult they are fine. They can put something around their own neck easily enough - like a hand bag strap, jasper choked himself this morning hanging a hand bag around his neck & twisting it! And he's 3! But I was right there to remove it - so best prevention of injury to me is supervision.

I've never used one for jasper but I nannied for a little girl who had one and I'd take it off her for sleeps. Her mum came home just when she was waking and asked why she didn't have it on, she said she wasn't worried about it, but still I wouldn't do it on my watch.
    Last edited by Boobycino; 12-12-2011 at 18:25.