+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Recipes please!!!

I introduced my DS to solids when he was 4 months old. So far, so good without any issues. What else can I now introduce to him that he is 6 months old? Any recipe ideas? Can he eat peaches now?

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helloooo?

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did BLW with my dd so I'm not much help except to say that when we started at 6 months she was eating just about any fruit or veg I would give her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We gave DS pretty much everything from 7 months ( we started BLW at 6 months and he spent the first month learning to chew mainly fruit and veg) the best food at 7 months ( and he still has today at 13 months) is an egg pancake ( 2 eggs mixed with whatever fresh herb I had and fried with no oil in a non stick small egg frypan) we cut it into strips so he could hold it, very nutritious and as the weeks went on I added other things like tomato, cheese, mushroom, spinach etc
    I also started him on rice cruskits with avocado, various homemade dips ( hummus, guacamole) with cucumber sticks as dippers , I made a ricotta and pea spagetti, homemade salmon nuggets, zuchini slice but by about 9 months he pretty much ate what we did!
    All fruit should is fine from 6 months, just a bit of advice though try and get him used to a wide variety of veggies too ( we aim for 5 veggies and 2 fruit a day) fruit is sweeter and they could eat it all day ! So we gave DS zuchini, carrot, eggplant, sweet potato, cauliflower , brocolli, capsicum, mushrooms, bok Choy, corn, peas and beans all the time so he is used to them, he is now 13 months and happily sits there munching on his veggies , as mentioned we did BLW so they have always been given to him whole, either steamed or baked , hope that helps!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Natty hope you don't mind me subscribing to this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Natty hope you don't mind me subscribing to this thread.
    Not at all = )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elijah's mum- so he can have just about anything? Is he allowed to have eggs at 6 months old?
    I'm so confused about solids and what should be introduced when.
    So far I've given him sweet potato, potato, pumpkin, zucchini, snow peas, beans, apple, mango etc. but I'd like something new.
    In regards to herbs: is it okay to add herbs to some of his purées? That'd be good to add extra flavor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, as long as there are no allergies in the family, all foods are good from now on ( I held off red meat until 10 months, purely because I don't eat it and I was torn wether to give it to him or not!) fish is great to start ( salmon is DS fav ) eggs are a great food for babies ( no running yolks yet though) the herbs are not only great for adding flavor but are very healthy and if you get them used to seeing green in everything early on they won't be as fussy later, as some kids just hate anything green in their food ( it worked for my sister and so far for us!) if you are spoon feeding him just scramble them maybe to try a bit, then as mentioned we add whatever is on hand now
    definitely try the peaches, watermelon is good too as it is soft and easy to chew , DS is sitting on the floor going to town on a whole peach as we speak!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're the greatest! Thank you so much. We don't have any allergies in the family which is great.
    Ooo goody! I've been wondering whether or not I can give him watermelon.
    Thanks a million!

If anybody else wants to give me more recipes/advice, it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    After experimenting with some purees/rice cereal from 5ish months, we have just started BLW SO MESSY!!

Some great ideas here! I'm so confused as well with what to give when, how much to give, etc.

I think we'll give eggs a go next (love the 'finger food' pancake idea).

Keep the ideas coming

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkiCuddles For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (11-12-2011)