+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There is certainly only so much fair trading can do, but it might be all the business needs to push them along. I've had very good outcomes with fair trading

At the end of the day, you have nothing to lose by filing a complaint. She might come to an agreement following the second email though, which would ultimately be the easiest outcome. Fingers crossed.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subscribing to see the outcome. What terrible service *thumbs down*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would also add in the letter somehow that you if you do not recieve a cash refund that word of mouth is very strong! She cannot do you for slander if what you said is true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah unfortunately fair trading can't actually do much.

But I think that sometimes just getting contacted by fair trading does make a business realize your serious. Particularly when word of mouth is a powerful thing as PP said

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Yeah unfortunately fair trading can't actually do much.

But I think that sometimes just getting contacted by fair trading does make a business realize your serious. Particularly when word of mouth is a powerful thing as PP said
    I wouldn't do this. You win more flies with honey. What you want is a refund, not revenge as tempting as it is

You most certainly can say what you want to whomever you want, but you will damage your chances of getting a refund when using threats.

I'd save this as an ultimate last resort, as your closing line only after she's refused a refund. Even the, I wouldn't say it to her but simply just do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    ^ this

Not like she couldn't have confirmed numbers to allow time etc. :s
    That's the thing though - everything WAS confirmed (numbers, "theme" etc..). As far as I was concerned anyway. I'm a bit of a control freak with this kind of thing - when organising parties I cant STAND things not being properly organised! Not sure what else was needed (a contract written in blood?), but there's an email trail starting with my initial query, then her proposal, then my acceptance of her proposal with times, numbers and ages etc (I'd already put approx numbers in my quote request - which we were spot on with), her acceptance of my acceptance, final confirmation, etc etc.. She was also well aware of the ages of the kids (despite her bit in her response saying that she wrongly assumed there'd be more babies..). The only thing missing (as such) was when I had to chase up an invoice (as she wanted payment prior to the party), she said she was going to send a schedule for the day which she never sent. But everything else is there in black and white saying exactly what we were agreeing on.. So I thought nothing of that as it seemed unnecessary anyway.
    It's very frustrating. Mostly that her response was full of BS. (There was no "verbal offer" of Xmas face painting.. she had a photo of a girl with butterfly painting and one of a boy with pirate painting which the kids could choose from.. gee, tough choice ).
    And really, if she didn't allow enough time to do all the kids faces AND the other things she quoted on, how is that my problem?

*sigh*

Anyway thanks everyone for your feedback, wasn't sure if I was just expecting too much or whatever but I'm glad everyone agrees that the service was sh!t..

Might pass it onto the new group coordinator to deal with now.. Now that DD is off to school next year I'm not going to be very involved with the group (newborns don't really "do" playgroup!)..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh yeah WCM - explore all other options first. Fair trading doesn't get involved until you have made reasonable effort to sort it out yourself.

But I have had success with fair trading getting involved. Wasn't in the spirit of getting revenge, I was out $1200 and wanted to get something back for it (long story) but all fair trading really can do is advise and mediate.