ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah, I wouldn't be too thrilled with that either.

I would reply and say that no one saw her playing games and that a voucher is of no use to you as there is no way you will be using her services again. That she clearly did not provide the services she quoted on and therefore you would like a refund or you will be taking the matter further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would complain, absolutely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh and also, the credit she's offered, isn't even half of what we paid for her..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't be too thrilled with that either.

I would reply and say that no one saw her playing games and that a voucher is of no use to you as there is no way you will be using her services again. That she clearly did not provide the services she quoted on and therefore you would like a refund or you will be taking the matter further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by danielle13 View Post
    Oh and also, the credit she's offered, isn't even half of what we paid for her..
    Oh that's not right.

She clearly didn't fulfill her end of the agreement. Can you take it higher? As in fair trading?

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would be less than impressed with that response. And it's annoying that she seems to think she can get away with this sort of thing and offer such a pathetic solution (that reimbursement is appalling).

Take it to fair trading! You have already gone through the correct motions according to fair trading (by first attempting to resolve the issue with the business). Now it's as simple as filling out an online complaint form.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thankyou for your reply, your acknowledge of non-deliverance of your services as per your proposal and an offer of a credit.

I actually dispute the event as outlined in your email, but so as to not be involved in a war of words, I'd would like a minumum of a 50% refund in cash - especially as we will not have an occassion to use your services again.

As you are a professional business person experienced in these types of events, I do not understand how you did not allow the adequate amount of time for the services as agreed and paid for. I also fail to understand why you did not make it known to me that you had finished and was leaving. Had you done so this matter could have beed discussed face to face and a suitable outcome resolved on the spot.

Unfortunately your babysitting arrangement are not really of my concearn and had you communicated this to me I would have been more than happy for your daughter to attend at the same cost as all the other families had contributed - but this is further to why I expect no less than a 50% refund.

I look forward to an immediate refund of $XXX so this matter can be settled prior to Christmas

Regards
    Last edited by WorkingClassMum; 09-12-2011 at 11:31. Reason: spelling, grammer etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Thankyou for your reply, your ackowledge of non-deliverance or your services as proposed and an offer of a credit.

I actually dispute the event as outlined in your email, but so as to not be involved in a war of words, I'd would like a minumum of a 50% refund in cash - especially as we will not have an occassion to use your services again.

As you a professional business person experienced in these types of events, I do not understand how you did not allow the correct amount of time for the services as paid for. I also fail to understand why you did not make it known to me that you had finished and was leaving. Had you done so this matter could have beed discussed face to face and a suitable outcome resolved on the spot

Unfortunately your babysitting arrangement are not really of my concearn and had you communicated this to me I would have been more than happy for your daughter to attend at the same cost as all the other families had contributed - but this is further to why I expect no less than a 50% refund.

I look forward to an immediate refund of $XXX so this matter can be settled prior to Christmas

Regards
    ^ this

What a rubbish response I wonder how often she does this :/

Not like she couldn't have confirmed numbers to allow time etc. :s

Thanks
    Reviews
    her 'solution' is appalling. why would you EVER book anything through her again when she was basically nothing but a failure?? i think you should take things further definitely if you can't get a better offer from her.

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Having recently dealt with fair trading, there is only so much they can do.

They will contact the other party and try on your behalf to come to an agreement you both agree on. However, if the other party refuses contact or refuses to pay, they will suggest you take legal action, which they will do little to help you with, other than provide evidence. You may be lumped with any court costs and even if court ordered to pay the money, they still dont have much to enforce that.

I'm still $350 out, from a contractor I hired for my wedding... who just took my deposit and never contacted me again. Fair trading did sfa in the end.

I'm sorry it happened to you, it sucks. Go to fair trading out of principle to let her know you mean business, and hopefully them threatening her with court might be enough to make her pay you