+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I assume that was done in writing via email? I'd do it as a reply to her emails so clearly can see what was agreed upon by her.

I would write Something like:

I would like to express my supreme disappointment in the entertainer your company sent out. Below is the agreed upon activities:

Quote - in dot point - each item.

*clown
    * 2 big games played
    *christmas themed face painting
    *etc

The entertainer you sent was

*not dressed as a clown
    *no games were played
    *the face painting was not christmas themed
    * children only received 1 balloon animal
    *etc

In addition to this the entertainer was also caring for her own daughter while working, I should have been advised of this before the event for possible alternative arrangements to be made if this did not suit.

And she did not conduct herself in a professional manner, *examples* she left the party without making anyone aware she was leaving.

All in all this wasn't the service I expected or paid for.

It would be reasonable to expect to be reimbursed in part for the entertainer as this was not even close to the service I paid for. (even suggest a refund of 50% whatever, no harm in trying )

Regards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That sux.Think you would care more about your business aye...
    Hard when its the owner who has done a bad job.
    Are you going to email her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh crap - it was the owner.. Bummer... I was hoping it was an agency... Well yeah... Still... Have a crack. At least get your venting out on her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    wow, definitely complain!! If it was just face painting, you could have done that yourself!
    Kinda sucks if she's the owner though, chances are you wont get much of a refund, unless you have her original quote and what was to be included in writing, and you could threaten to take her to fair trading for a refund?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I assume that was done in writing via email? I'd do it as a reply to her emails so clearly can see what was agreed upon by her.

I would write Something like:

I would like to express my supreme disappointment in the entertainer your company sent out. Below is the agreed upon activities:

Quote - in dot point - each item.

*clown
    * 2 big games played
    *christmas themed face painting
    *etc

The entertainer you sent was

*not dressed as a clown
    *no games were played
    *the face painting was not christmas themed
    * children only received 1 balloon animal
    *etc

In addition to this the entertainer was also caring for her own daughter while working, I should have been advised of this before the event for possible alternative arrangements to be made if this did not suit.

And she did not conduct herself in a professional manner, *examples* she left the party without making anyone aware she was leaving.

All in all this wasn't the service I expected or paid for.

It would be reasonable to expect to be reimbursed in part for the entertainer as this was not even close to the service I paid for. (even suggest a refund of 50% whatever, no harm in trying )

Regards

Thankyou! I'll probably use that
    Yep it was all arranged via email, and I have all of the emails outlining what was meant to be done.
    My only awkwardness is, it was the business owner who came and did the job.. so a bit harder than complaining about an employee.. Although she should definitely have done a better job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with everyone else - definitely complain.

Quote Originally Posted by danielle13 View Post
    My only awkwardness is, it was the business owner who came and did the job.. so a bit harder than complaining about an employee.. Although she should definitely have done a better job.
    This is even more of a reason to write a formal complaint, as boss/owner, she should have done better. Remember - you are the customer, and are entitled to expect a certain level of service. You didn't get it, so you have every right to complain.

Apart from anything else - playgroups are not-for-profit, and are hardly rolling in the cash to shell out for expensive entertainers who don't provide what is promised. We just had our playgroup party this morning & our big expense was hiring this - http://www.born2bounce.com.au/chopperville.html bouncy castle - which was awesome and I'd recommend to anyone!!

Sorry you had a bad experience - but stick up for your group & definitely try to get at least some refund.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is terribly unprofessional.

I would also write a review of her and business on WOMOW.com.au... get the word out there so other people don't get stung as well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK.. I've just sent an email (worded similarly to boobycino's suggestion), outlining the issues with her "service"..
    I wonder if she'll respond...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Complain for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd consider writing an online review too, as she is the owner there may not be alot done about it internally but you can spread the word so others aren't let down like that